Why become a member? ×

Fender Player Series Bass

Davee

20 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Ohhhh, an ebony board on a black P? I like that... 🙂

But now I'm also thinking about buying the all-white player series P bass with the maple neck.  Then I get to experiment with both fingerboards... and I could also then swap the pick-guards between the two basses.  Black with white / white with black.

Oh dear... what is wrong with me. :( GAS strikes again... 

Edited by tvickey
typo
  • Haha 1

On 28/03/2023 at 17:27, dmc79 said:

My white player has moved to a new home, so I’m left with this black beauty as my sole remaining bass. Modded with CS62 pickups, KiOgon wiring loom, Fender P / Tele knobs, and a 3-ply black plate. Black, black & maple: OOF!

AB1D6811-EB6D-4DB2-9FFC-0EDA9E4FFA71.thumb.jpeg.75904cd8f5317d8abb0fac3b7dc29658.jpeg

Is that a maple fingerboard glued on a maple neck, or is it all cut from one piece?

1 minute ago, tvickey said:

Is that a maple fingerboard glued on a maple neck, or is it all cut from one piece?

Er, I'm not sure to be honest. It's however it came from the factory 

14 minutes ago, tvickey said:

the all-white player series P bass with the maple neck. 

not wanting to stoke anyones GAS, I did something similar, although the Polar White lefty Player P-Bass doesn't come as standard with a maple neck so was a retrofit with a genuine Fender replacement. Stock pickguard changed from white to black as well. The one thing I found was unlike fenders of old which seemed to have neck pockets cut in varying degrees of accuracy, the modern player bodies and necks seem to be a very snug fit. It needed a gentle amount of persuasion to install and once the screws were gently tightened up, its one of the best Fender neck/body fits i've ever experienced. The neck was perfectly true and even with the stock bridge, the string and neck alignment is excellent. The satin finish on the back of the maple neck is super smooth as well and a joy to play. It's also much slimmer than my USA standard bass. 

1233384421_Screenshot2023-05-05at14_39_57.thumb.png.ad3e2ad91976b2149c1354540310fa73.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DGBass said:

not wanting to stoke anyones GAS, I did something similar, although the Polar White lefty Player P-Bass doesn't come as standard with a maple neck so was a retrofit with a genuine Fender replacement. Stock pickguard changed from white to black as well. The one thing I found was unlike fenders of old which seemed to have neck pockets cut in varying degrees of accuracy, the modern player bodies and necks seem to be a very snug fit. It needed a gentle amount of persuasion to install and once the screws were gently tightened up, its one of the best Fender neck/body fits i've ever experienced. The neck was perfectly true and even with the stock bridge, the string and neck alignment is excellent. The satin finish on the back of the maple neck is super smooth as well and a joy to play. It's also much slimmer than my USA standard bass. 

1233384421_Screenshot2023-05-05at14_39_57.thumb.png.ad3e2ad91976b2149c1354540310fa73.png

Beautiful bass!  Nicely done! :)

21 hours ago, tvickey said:

I have a maple genuine fender precision player replacement neck right here.

It is not one piece. There is a glued on fignerboard

Nut seems to be 41mm exactly.

20230506_115757.jpg.abd54d2f3dc617b815b0cf9890d6830c.jpg20230506_115841.jpg.74b1463935cafe8dddeefed43e56fdaf.jpg

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2023 at 11:04, dmc79 said:

637B355C-7C08-4C61-A2DE-2A872D1452DB.thumb.jpeg.38a7c8886c0755a5671557b6e3d0f135.jpeg

I’m a one bass guy, so will move one on when I’ve decided which to keep.

On 28/03/2023 at 16:27, dmc79 said:

My white player has moved to a new home,

I saw the pic above and thought "That looks exactly like mine!"....  Getting old sucks!

I initially bought a Player as I couldn't afford as US model, but the two I have are so good I don't feel the need to "upgrade" them one bit.

• Like 3