Bridgnorth, Shropshire

thebrig

Disclaimer: This is NOT a Fender, despite the Fender logo.Ā šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Ā£295 Posted.

Ā 

SOLD!!!

Ā 

I built this bass a couple of years ago, it plays and sounds great, and the reason I'm selling it now is because I need to downsize my collection because I have far too many basses, and I hardly gig nowadays.

Ā 

The body is made from alder, and is a lovely olympic white that is starting to yellow a little, you would have to look very hard to find any marks on it.

The pickup is a Kent Armstrong split-coil which is the exact same specs as the Fender Custom Shop 62 pickups, I have the Fender Custom Shop 62 in my other home built P bass which is also alder body and rosewood board, so I have compared them side by sideĀ and they sound identical to me.

I purchased the neckĀ from someone on Basschat, I can't remember what the make was, but its very nice and it came with the tuners which I was going to upgrade, but they work and stay in tune very well, so I kept them in the end, the frets are nicely finished, andĀ the rosewood board is quite dark and looks lovely, its a joy to play.

The bridge is exactly the same as a Gotoh 201 but without the Gotoh name stamped on it.

Ā 

There is a small dent/chip near the E string tuning peg (circled in photo 5), its not really that noticeable unless you already know its there.

Ā 

I have uploaded a couple videos where I've tried to show how versatile the bass is, fromĀ JJ Burnel to James Jameson, the only downside is that it is me playing and not the great men themselves, so please excuse my poor technique and playing, the bass you hear is the actual bass because the tracks have had the original bass removed.

Ā 

Nice n Sleazy was recorded into Reaper where I messed around a bit to try and get the JJ Burnel sound.

My Girl was recorded into Reaper with no effects added at all.

Ā 

Probably best to listen through headphones to hear the bass properly.

Ā 

You are welcome to come and try the bass out at my home in Bridgnorth, Shropshire.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by thebrig
  • Like 12

• thebrig changed the title to Home-Built Precision Bass (On hold pending payment)
On 21/05/2022 at 14:43, thebrig said:

Disclaimer: This is NOT a Fender, despite the Fender logo.Ā šŸ˜‰

The bridge is exactly the same as a Gotoh 201 but without the Gotoh name stamped on it.

Ā 

Seems to be a theme šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Looks and sounds great though šŸ˜šŸ‘ŒšŸ» GLWTSĀ 

• thebrig changed the title to Home-Built Precision Bass (SOLD)