Why become a member? ×

Now I need a bass...

bythesea

Hi All

Used to play bass back in the 70s and 80s, since then played acoustic - many styles, and up to about ten years ago was playing live regularly. Now I have decided it's time to get back down among the low notes :)

I have been looking at getting a 5 or 6 string fretless, but after reading all about them (and the fact that my wife thinks she would like to try one) I am considering a Stagg EUB, just to see how I get on with it. There seems to be a lot about them here - though not many available in the stores at the moment...

My claim to fame? I once played in the same band as Mark King, and I was the bass player... (though he was only about 12/13 then and played drums, and was several years younger than the rest of the band).

Look forward to learning more here and hopefully finding someone to get some lessons from on the EUB

[quote name='bythesea' post='461320' date='Apr 13 2009, 03:45 PM']My claim to fame? I once played in the same band as Mark King, and I was the bass player... (though he was only about 12/13 then and played drums, and was several years younger than the rest of the band).[/quote]
Interesting.......any photos?

Welcome mate, and all the best,
Pete.

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='463079' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:31 PM']So [i]you're[/i] the one that taught him to slap! :rolleyes:[/quote]

:) I wish! And unfortunately don't have any photos - we only overlapped in the band for around two gigs. It was a hotel/dinner dance band that was run by a married couple on the Isle of Wight. Don't even remember the band name now but the couple were called Ann and Martin. Was good fun at the time and made some useful extra cash that I saved up to go to college.