Why become a member? ×

Musicman Bongo 4HS

Paul_C

This has been my all-time favourite bass for a few years now, but I'm not gigging and I hate to see it not being used

I've got a few scratchplates for it kicking about which I'll throw in and that includes the current one with colour-matched ramp attached.

no hard case, but there is a gig bag.

£750

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='461194' date='Apr 13 2009, 01:27 PM']Wow! I had a 4HH and a 5HS and always wished it were the other way around. These really are immense basses.[/quote]

it is a great sounding bass - as you can see, I've had a few of them and it has always been my favourite :)

that one looks more like lava pearl than DG.

I prefer the sound of the 4HS I used to own to the 4HH I do now.There seems more variety of tone with the single coil in the neck when you turn the pan control and I also prefer the tone of the sc solo'd over the neck humbucker. I mustn't grumble though as both models are fantastic sounding - but the HS wins out in my estimation.

great looking Bongo btw

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='462157' date='Apr 14 2009, 02:28 PM']In fact I think I might have owned the black one?[/quote]

the black one came S/H from a dealer (Steve Barr of all people) in the US and was sold to (IIRC) homerplaysbass along with a blue Bongo 5HS, don't know where it went after that though