Why become a member? ×

Anyone dealt with Warpdrive Music in the US?

Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='460233' date='Apr 11 2009, 11:52 PM']Thinking of making a pretty substantial purchase. Anyone dealt with these guys?
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

No Chris - but I have a good friend in the US who's a serious vintage bass collector... He's bound to have dealt with them I can ask him what he thinks if you like?

[quote name='Beedster' post='460233' date='Apr 11 2009, 11:52 PM']Thinking of making a pretty substantial purchase. Anyone dealt with these guys?
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

I bought a set of Lace Strat pups from them about 2 1/2 years ago. Good price, good comms, quickly delivered, as described. Copy of the email below with the requisite contact details, assurances etc. Based on my experience, I'd say they were perfect, while ago though.

Dear silddx,
I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly.

Item title: LACE SENSOR RED SILVER BLUE STRAT PICKUP PICK UP SET
Web Address: [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7408093275"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7408093275[/url]
Item number: 7408093275
Buyer User ID: silddx
Seller User ID: warpdrivemusic
Total: $158.00

Once your item arrives in satisfactory condition, please leave feedback for
me.

If there are any mistakes, problems, or questions regarding your order, please
call us for immediate assistance, or email.

Your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Our phone numbers are TOLL FREE 1-800-800-0087 or 1-414-481-3430.

Warpdrivemusic hours of operation 9-7pm CST weekdays and 11-4pm CST weekdays.

Cream City Music, our Milwaukee, WI retail store front, hours are 11-7pm
CST weekdays and 11-4pm weekends.

Thank you again!
Warpdrive Music Staff

www.warpdrivemusic.com
www.gretschworld.com

[quote name='99ster' post='460491' date='Apr 12 2009, 12:08 PM']Are you looking at buying the '69 Precision they're selling on eBay?[/quote]

Hi mate
No, I was looking at the Lakland USA DD. Very speculative at present for sure, and having calculated the courier fee and the import duty it's simply too expensice any way.

Guys, many thanks for the posts above, doubt I'll be buying this time (unless they accept a pretty low Best Offer), but I guess the above will be usueful to someone in the future

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='460854' date='Apr 12 2009, 11:01 PM']Hi mate
No, I was looking at the Lakland USA DD. Very speculative at present for sure, and having calculated the courier fee and the import duty it's simply too expensice any way.

Guys, many thanks for the posts above, doubt I'll be buying this time (unless they accept a pretty low Best Offer), but I guess the above will be usueful to someone in the future

Chris[/quote]

Yep - since the exchange rate has gone very much against us here in the UK the good old days days of buying stuff effectively for half price from the US are well & truly over...
As you say Chris - once you add on import duty & shipping it's just not worth the hassle anymore.
:)