Why become a member? ×

EVENT U.K.

Guest BassAdder27

Was offered a gig recently but you must be registered with Event U.K. 

No thank you !!!

It’s ok if you’re a full time working band but for us others who do it for fun and expenses it’s not workable in my opinion ! 

This was a pub gig 

You don't need anything at all to register, except give them your bank details to pay money in. If you earn enough from music to pay tax, then it's up to you to self-assess - Event UK has it in its terms that it's a payment bureau, not an employer and therefore has nothing to do with tax.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

16 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

You don't need anything at all to register, except give them your bank details to pay money in. If you earn enough from music to pay tax, then it's up to you to self-assess - Event UK has it in its terms that it's a payment bureau, not an employer and therefore has nothing to do with tax.

I went to their site and it said you need to register to get paid ?

We've been getting paid via them from various venues for years. Never had a problem with them yet. Just submit an invoice by Sunday evening and the money goes straight in the nominated bank account within a couple of weeks. The last one took 5 days....

4 hours ago, Mudpup said:

We've been getting paid via them from various venues for years. Never had a problem with them yet. Just submit an invoice by Sunday evening and the money goes straight in the nominated bank account within a couple of weeks. The last one took 5 days....

Have you given them a tax reference UTR for the person who registered?

17 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

Have you given them a tax reference UTR for the person who registered?

I can't remember TBH - i did it years ago. If you're not a full time musician the tax man probably wouldn't be massively interested in you anyway - remember every bit of kit you have, strings, travel costs, admin costs, promotion costs would all be factored into a tax calculation. 

Edited by Mudpup