Why become a member? ×

I found an old flame on FB

Owen

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/369393134879425/?rid=4982009548488704&ad_id&rt=1&refID=0&refType=0

I am 80% certain this is the bass I traded in the Brixton Music Exchange for a pair of EMG Jazz Pickups in the early 80s. I was young and very stupid.

If I remotely played 4 stringers I would buy it back just to apologise to it.

• Confused 1

They went into a Tokai Fretless Jazz (Jaco alike) which was painted with not Nitrocellulose. I knew so little back in the day that I reliced it by banging it on the road. Obviously this did not go well. This was the first in a long line fretlesses which prove I cannot play fretless (the latest being a really nice ACG). I eventually sold it to a guy in Dublin and took the ferry from Holyhead to deliver it. It was a different time.

• Like 1

I discussed it with my brother who borrowed it from me on occasion. He remembered it as being not light. I have rose tinted lenses on and remember it as being fabulous in all ways. As I do with virtually everything I have sold ever.

• Haha 5