Why become a member? ×

Storing basses in a conservatory

BillyBass

I had to look it up. Why would you keep any instrument in a place where you grow vegetables or flowers? Seriously people are you that stupid would you keep your violin (or upright bass) in a room with direct sunlight or extreme temperature changes...My instruments never leave my bedroom and they need tuning (and the Stick needs truss-tweaking) all the time and I live in New Jersey (strangest whethether on the planet). What. Are. You. Thinking. Put your basses in the trunk (bonnett) of your auto between playing. I mean, jeez........

@StickyDBRmf it’s “boot” that we call the same thing you call “trunk”, hood==bonnet

I think there may be some other localisation issues here; is “conservatory” something you’d grow vegetables in ? We call that a greenhouse or glasshouse. A conservatory is something else entirely here … a plastic or metal framed extension to the house with a lot of double glazed glass panels. Used for the three days of summer sunshine we get and ignored for the other 362 days when it’s too cold to use 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 1

On 07/03/2022 at 23:30, Geek99 said:

@StickyDBRmf it’s “boot” that we call the same thing you call “trunk”, hood==bonnet

Used for the three days of summer sunshine we get and ignored for the other 362 days when it’s too cold to use 

Don't know about you but on our 3 days of summer sunshine the conservatory's too hot to sit in...

• Like 1