Why become a member? ×

KK baby bass, Are they still making instruments?

PCZ25

Hi everybody! I was wondering if somebody could shed some light on the matter mentioned in the title. I've been trying to get a hold of the KK bass people for several months now but I can't seem to get in touch with them anywhere.

I've wrote emails, messaged them on facebook, called the numbers available on the website but the most I got was an apparently automatic response to one of my emails after about three weeks time, basically saying that I should get back to them next month, which I did, only to receive the same answer. Anyway I thought I try asking here, in case somebody had similar experiences or perhaps has some insight regarding the situation at the company.

Sorry for the long-windedness, I would also like to apologize if the topic is in the wrong place/page, I'm not too familiar with the site.

Thank you in advance for the help,

P

I did a reasonable amount of business with Kris Kedzior some years ago, even brought him along to a SouthEast Bass Bash one year, but you're quite right - my contact details for him are no longer valid.

Last activity I can find on Facebook relates to April 2020 which is, of course, the first serious month of Covid. I wonder if he shut everything down and either went back to Poland or possibly back to Brazil before all the borders got shut?

What I did find was this post from September last year where Ed Friedland seems to have just bought a Baby Bass and Kris has blogged his review.

https://baby-bass.com/blog/

On 20/02/2022 at 13:05, Happy Jack said:

I did a reasonable amount of business with Kris Kedzior some years ago, even brought him along to a SouthEast Bass Bash one year, but you're quite right - my contact details for him are no longer valid.

Last activity I can find on Facebook relates to April 2020 which is, of course, the first serious month of Covid. I wonder if he shut everything down and either went back to Poland or possibly back to Brazil before all the borders got shut?

What I did find was this post from September last year where Ed Friedland seems to have just bought a Baby Bass and Kris has blogged his review.

https://baby-bass.com/blog/

Thank you for the information. It's a shame, I was rather intrigued by his basses. Perhaps one day he'll start building them again! On a slightly different note, do you know of any other luthiers who are making similar, baby bass type instruments?

• 7 months later...

greetings from columbia, south carolina...

at the beginning of the pandemic, Kris stopped accepting repairs and possibly new orders. he was trying to complete his current orders before he could accept new ones. i also received the automated email responses for several months so in the interim i commissioned a new bass from Andre's Ortega (MOG Basses) from Colombia, S.A. he also builds a wide selection of EUB's and you can find him on the book of face (FB). For my needed repair i sourced out to RayRamirezBasses.com in Puerto Rico. he has a wide selection of EUBs as well and ships worldwide. both Andre's and Ray do custom orders and colors for their various models. that being said i hope that Kris comes back online and that he is still in business. i love my KK baby-bass Traditional KB Vintage, as well as wanting to buy another KK from him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I have one of KK's early basses. I hadn't been playing it for a few months and when I plugged it in I wasn't getting much volume through my amp. I tried it on 2 amps with the same result. My other electric uprights are fine.

Any ideas for what may have happened?

Thanks,

When I had mine, the amplified volume and tone was very dependent upon how tight the two Allen key bolts were either side of the bridge that hold the transducer mounting up against the underside of the plate on which the bridge sits. Mine was damaged in transit to me so this could be a result of that, but I found there was a sweet spot between volume and tone and the tension of these bolts.