Why become a member? ×

Trying to get Cliff Burton live tone but can't get an Ibanez HD1500

Jives

I've been trying to get Cliff Burton's live tone for a while and I've gotten pretty close to his tone but I need an Ibanez HD1500 to complete the tone. The only problem is that they're impossible to find and the ones I do find they're very overpriced.

Are there any alternatives to this effects unit that are available to purchase now?

8 hours ago, velvetkevorkian said:

Sounds like I might have underpriced the HD1000 I sold on here last year 😅

What effect are you trying for here? Delay with feedback that accents the high frequencies?

I'm trying to get the delay and that pitch shifted insane sound he would get 

59 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Bearing in mind that is very old tech,  I would think the helix or zooms would do it without raising a sweat.

Just whipped up a quick patch in my Zoom B3 

Pitchshift -> Pedal Wah -> Delay.

Sounded pretty close. Given some time I could get it closer.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 08:36, velvetkevorkian said:

Sounds like I might have underpriced the HD1000 I sold on here last year 😅

What effect are you trying for here? Delay with feedback that accents the high frequencies?

As the guy who bought it I say absolutely definitely not.

Having played with the hd1000, it was a fun unit, but tone wise there's nothing it did that can't be done be better by modern effects. The unique features for me were that you could set the harmony pitch in 5 cent intervals so you could get completely atonal ring mod sounds out of it, and the delay had an fx loop on the feedback path, which is still a very rare feature on pedal delays. But the tone, tracking and delay time were very much "of the era".

As people have suggested, a good cheap multi will get you there, or separates if you want a bit more flexibility.

Edited by bobbass4k
  • Haha 1

On 16/02/2022 at 13:25, bobbass4k said:

As the guy who bought it I say absolutely definitely not.

Having played with the hd1000, it was a fun unit, but tone wise there's nothing it did that can't be done be better by modern effects. The unique features for me were that you could set the harmony pitch in 5 cent intervals so you could get completely atonal ring mod sounds out of it, and the delay had an fx loop on the feedback path, which is still a very rare feature on pedal delays. But the tone, tracking and delay time were very much "of the era".

As people have suggested, a good cheap multi will get you there, or separates if you want a bit more flexibility.

Do you know any good effects units you think could do the job?