Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ 1999 PB62 reissue £845 - *SOLD*
£875
Clitheroe

Duroc17

This is the by far best P i've ever owned (of all the basses i've had) - mojo city - when I got it it needed serious work for the price I paid- got the neck straightening and electrics sorted - needed new volume pot - the knurled knobs are reliced ones from Netherlands as someone put on witch hats that looked awful - I got set up with TI flats and it's the lowest action ever (the video below was supporting Peter Bruntnell and Pete their bassist said it was the lowest action he'd seen and loved the bass) - just plays like a dream but due to stupid GAS i'm funding a custom build (dream 50s P with my slant on it) - so I'm selling this (my band are going to not let me forget this due to my gushing about this bass - but I can only have on P at a time -i'll read this back in a year and realise i'm an idiot but GAS is real) it deserves to be gigged and recorded. It weighs about 8lbs and is pretty light - the pickups are superb - super P sound - the frets are about 80% still great. I've put on a black scratchplate but comes with original red tort one. No gig bag

As you'll see for them pics that it has aged beautifully - you'll also notice dings - scratches where there used to be an ugly sticker - it was imported from Japan (duh the CIJ bit obv but stickers were awful) but on the front there's what i think is a pretty cool sticker and considering i play alt-country and the colours go with the cream scheme. Some people will be put off by this, whereas if you're like me it just adds to it and makes it unique and be hard to nick and sell on. Price reflects this as i'm taking a bit of a hit on it after luthier work, pot, knobs plate and flats cost.

I have a fender box i can ship anywhere to uk inc in price - though happy to knock off £25 for collection or within 30 mile meet up

IMG_4211.jpeg

IMG_4212.jpeg

IMG_4213.jpeg

IMG_4214.jpeg

IMG_4215.jpeg

IMG_4216.jpeg

IMG_4217.jpeg

IMG_4218.jpeg

IMG_4219.jpeg

IMG_4220.jpeg

IMG_4221.jpeg

IMG_4222.jpeg

IMG_4223.jpeg

IMG_4224.jpeg

Edited by Duroc17
Sold
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I think you need to seek professional help 😂

It's been scientifically proven, well on Basschat at least, that you need a back-up.

I concur but that back up needs to be a totally different style of bass 😉 i think another shortie soon

• Duroc17 changed the title to Fender CIJ 1999 PB62 SOLD