Why become a member? ×

Future Islands

NikNik

Yep I remember seeing them on Jools and being blown away. Really interesting voice, committed performance and the band tight as a duck's......

I guess the dad dancing and vocal tricks put him into the 'uncanny valley' for a lot of people. Personally I'd love to see them live.

As ever you can't see much of the bass but my Jazz started making that noise last night, I swapped out the pups for the new noiseless ones I got for my birthday and they are a lot darker than the originals and with everything set up for the old pup's that's pretty close to how they sound. 

On 24/03/2022 at 20:32, AndyTravis said:

Some guy who to be fair had decent beats and feel - but sang out of tune with a chipmunk type effect on. It was painful 

Dan Deacon, he was supporting last night as well. 

Was a decent show at the Ally Pally.

I'm not a proper fan but my wife bought tickets for me as a surprise after I showed her the clip of them playing on Letterman which was nice of her. 

Agree that the band are tight.

Sam Herring is an incredible frontman. He gave it 200% all night, the nuclear dad dancing was something else. 

The sound was poor though (not their fault). FOH was was too bass heavy, so much so that everything in the middle was squashed. 

Bass player played a tasty natural P bass for most of the set, picked up the Jazz for one song. 

One again i suppose he will be Marmite but Sam Herring is something else. 

• Like 2