Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT 212AV cab

Guest BassAdder27

Tried the Ampeg Svt212av cab last night with the band using my Ashdown ABM600 head.

Ok this cab is heavy but still ok for carrying if you are fit and able !

Build quality is very good and it sounds really good. Not quite a 15” and deeper than a 10” speaker but with two 12” Eminence drivers and horn this cab is very loud and efficient.

Its a lovely match to the Ashdown Head and sounds great in a band context. 
Never played high end cabs but I would imagine this would give the Barefaced etc cabs a good run for the money at nearly half the price !

Highly recommended 

30 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Apparently it`s the nearest in sound to an 810 cab that Ampeg make, that to me is good enough endorsement.

It does have a lovely tone and clear punchy sound with low end depth ( ported cab ) 

Makes a superb match to the ABM600 head and based on my lower output volume setting with the band it’s a very efficient loud cab. 
It’s a relief as I can only use the one cab with both my heads but it works very well. 
I think I have found that sound and rig that I’ve been searching for and it fits well in the rock band 

On 06/01/2022 at 17:57, BassAdder27 said:

Tried the Ampeg Svt212av cab last night with the band using my Ashdown ABM600 head.

Build quality is very good and it sounds really good. Not quite a 15” and deeper than a 10” speaker but with two 12” Eminence drivers and horn this cab is very loud

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that driver diameter defines a cab's low end response. In my experience Bergantino HD210 cabs have incredible low end extension. The ABM600 has real "heft" to its low end that decent cabs can reproduce and the 4 ohm SVT212AV sounds like a great partner; enjoy the trouser flapping. (-:

Edited by Sparky Mark

I had one for a while but could not bond with it, too mid focused for me and for some reason I found the bottom too dry (for want of a better word). That said, I can totally understand why it is the small cab of choice for afficianados of the fridge. Personally I much prefer the Barefaced 10s, but of course ymmv.

5 hours ago, Tim1 said:

I had one for a while but could not bond with it, too mid focused for me and for some reason I found the bottom too dry (for want of a better word). That said, I can totally understand why it is the small cab of choice for afficianados of the fridge. Personally I much prefer the Barefaced 10s, but of course ymmv.

I think for my needs being mid focused is perfect as it’s so clear in the band mix ( rock ) yet still has a good bottom end for a full sound. 
Ampeg and rock is always a good fit