Why become a member? ×

(Sold) Epifani UL310 (Series 1)
£325
Watford, Herts

PatrickJ

Happy New Year bass chatters!

I'm probably going to regret this in a few months but right now this cab is surplus to requirements and I want to free up the space and some funds - I'm downsizing and consolidating on to my GR Bass mini rig that serves all my current needs. 

For Sale only, I offer this fantastic sounding Epifani UL310 series 1, ultra lightweight Bass Cab. 

Tech Spec as follows :

Dimensions: 23" (H) x 21.5" (W) x 16.5 " (D) 
Power Handling: 750 watts RMS (1800 watts Peak) 
Speakers: (3) B&C 250 watt RMS Cast Aluminum Frame 
100 watt RMS Tweeter (variable) 
5.3 OHMS
Weight: 47 lbs  / 21 KG

Collection only, from Watford, Herts.

I purchased this cab a few months ago from this forum, original ad: 

epi-301.jpg

epi-301-2.jpg

Edited by PatrickJ
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, CJPJ said:

Despite reading threads on resistance, I still don’t really get it 😔 - would an ABM600 rated at 4ohms work effectively with this to get the max power out of it?

There are plenty here that can explain it much better than I but as I understand things:

- Your ABM will output 600 W with a 4 ohm load (1x 4 ohm cabinet or 2x 8 ohm cabinets)

- It probably gives about 350 W with a 8 ohm load

- So 5.2 ohms I would guess will get you around 550 W output, so almost the full amount but not quite.   Note you wouldn't be able to pair second cab though as that would take you lower than the recommended minimum load for the ABM head.

The important thing to remember is that 300 W is not half as loud as 600 W, and I reckon you'd hardly be able to tell the difference between a 5.2 ohm cab and a 4 ohm cab if all things were equal (same number and type of drivers).  Your subsequent volume not only depends on the output of the amplifier but the number of drivers, size of drivers and their efficiency.

Edited by PatrickJ

• PatrickJ changed the title to (On Hold) Epifani UL310 (Series 1)
  • PatrickJ changed the title to (Sold) Epifani UL310 (Series 1)