Why become a member? ×

On hold!! Ibanez GWB1005 - high end, made in Japan Gary Willis Fretless
£1780
Bilbao - Spain

cascanicoff

I am selling a very special (and quite rare) bass: an Ibanez GWB1005. It is the top of the game version of the Gary Willis fretless basses, made in Japan and currently sold first hand at 3999 euro (that's at least the cheapest price that I could find).

These are the specs, as from the website of Musikproduktiv (https://www.musik-produktiv.com/gb/ibanez-gwb1005-ntf.html) :

Ibanez GWB1005-NTF

Body Shape: Soundgear

Body Material: Swamp Ash

Technology: Solid Body

Colour / Finish: Natural Flat

Neck construction: Bolt on neck

Scale: Long scale

Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)

Neck: 3 piece Maple

Fretboard: Ebony (*)

Fretboard Inlays: Offset Dots and Lines

Strings: 5-string

Strings thickness ex factory: .045 - .135

Pickup type: Humbucker

Bridge Pickup: Bartolini GWB

Electronics: 2 Bd EQ

Controls: 1x volume, bass/treble

Hardware: Black

Including: Hardcase & Accessoriy Set

Special Features: removable finger support

Country of Origin: Japan

(*) I think it is ebonol in this one. Superb fretboard, in any case, and great tone.

The bass is located in Bilbao (Sp), with original hardcase. A real treasure. The price is 2100 euro (1780 pounds as of today), nearly half the price you have to pay in the store. The weight of the bass is aprox. 3.5 Kg (ca. 7.8 pounds)

I need to edit the ad to point out one thing: I had originally mentioned that it was in mint condition. That was indeed my memory. After checking it out I have found some mini scratches (barely three milimetres and barely visible) on top of the headstock and the usual marks on the back of the bass. Nothing spectacular, but the bass is, indeed, not mint after all. I have also been mentioned a "line" on top of the nut. It does have a narrow, thin line in there, I would say it is where the ebonol has been joined to the headstock, but I really can't tell. Or maybe it is a little line in the paint. Good detective work in finding it, in any case. It also has a hair inside of the hardcase and there are some specks of dust on the bass 🙄. In any case, there aren't any flaws in the nut, headstock or anywhere whatsoever in this bass. I own it, I have played it and it is, if not mint (which I can't say it is, of course, since it has some little marks), at the very least in very, very good condition.

Best, Gorka

Ibanez GWB1005 (1).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (2).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (3).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (4).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (5).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (6).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (7).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (8).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (9).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (10).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (11).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (12).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (13).jpg

Ibanez GWB1005 (14).jpg

Edited by cascanicoff
  • Like 11

• cascanicoff changed the title to Ibanez GWB1005 - high end, made in Japan Gary Willis Fretless
  • cascanicoff changed the title to On hold!! Ibanez GWB1005 - high end, made in Japan Gary Willis Fretless