Why become a member? ×

Zoom B1 four problem..

Mickyk

?Would anyone have an idea as to what could be the problem I'm having with the above.

When the Zoom  is plugged into my pc USB port, it works normally for a short period of maybe three or four minutes and then it kind of freezers and becomes  inoperable ,and the same thing happens when its run from Batteries as well, I have tried it with a power supply a generic one i have with variable voltage set at 7 volts ,still the same. I have emailed Zoom customer service but have not had any replies at all in four weeks. Almost losing faith with this now.

4 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Sounds like it is broken.

Having said that, why are you reducing the voltage to 7 volts on the power supply? I assume it still doesn't work properly on 9V?

Sorry I have that wrong ,it is fact 9 v ,and yes it still doesn't work properly with it switching off or going dead.

Sounds like a dry joint around the processing (dsp?) chip. Something is going open circuit as it warms up. Freezer spray is handy  for diagnosis of this sort of thing. A microscope I handy too, but you need to know what to look out for regarding solder joint quality on  surface mounted components.