Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 810 vs Ashdown MAG 810 vs Marshal MBC 810

KASH

The marshall mcb cabs seem great value for money! Not sure of the quality though, as it seems too good to be true for the price...

I have always used Ashdown cabs before and they have been very realiable for years, the only reason im changing from these cabs is because I fancy a 6x10 cab and one of the speakers in ashdown mag 4x10 is starting to buzz a bit after 5 years of hard gigging :) .

I am going to be ordering my new Warwick WCA Pro 611 cab next week.

Possible option for you...? Can get them for around £579 brand new, or around £300 second hand on ebay!

Bit more moveable than the 8x10 as well!

[quote name='joegarcia' post='455832' date='Apr 6 2009, 08:47 PM']Sorry to say I haven't used either of the other two options. I've used an Ampeg 8x10 a few times but always with an SVT not my amp (at festivals etc) so couldn't really comment I'm afraid. Sorry to be so unhelpful.

Basically, if you want an 8x10 I could fairly happily recommend the ABM810 for price they seem to be going for secondhand at the moment. I'd personally avoid the Mag purely coz it's ugly. :)
The Marshall is worth investigating I reckon. The VBC-810 is good so could imagine the newer one being decent too. Cheap too.[/quote]
i've had a go with the marshall it seemed to be all high mids and no low end

I've just picked up an Ampeg SVT610 for a touch under £500 second hand, and I'm absolutely over the moon with it. I used to be of the mind that big bottom meant big speakers, but I've seen the error of my ways now!!

I think they're about £800 brand new, but if you can spot a second hand one anywhere I'd recommend trying it out, been using mine for a few weeks with my SVT3 and it's the happiest I've ever been with my sound.