Why become a member? ×

New DHA pedal

DHA

I am just about to order the first batch of new PCBs for the latest pedal which will be called the VT2-Twin-EQ-Bass. Here's the spec, comments welcome.

1. Two separate channels, Blue Channel - Clean to Crunch (same as the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive. Red Channel - Clean to Overdrive, is a VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive but with an extra gain stage.

2. Blue Channel - Gain, Level, Treble, Mid, Bass (active EQ), Bright switch, Boost Switch (boost level on pre-set inside the box).

3. Red Channel - Gain, Overdrive, Level, Treble, Mid, Bass (active EQ), Bright switch, Boost Switch (boost level on pre-set inside the box).

4. Common Input Pad level control.

5. XLR balanced DI, 1/4" jack in and out - for selected channel or by-Pass.

6. 1/4" stereo jack out for Red and Blue Channel out (non by-pass so on all the time)

7. Headphone amp with level.

8. Line in so you can play along on the headphones to CD's, iPod, etc.

9. DI level pot, DI ground lift switch.

10. By-pass and Red or Blue footswitches.

11. HERE'S THE NEAT BIT! - the two valves stick out the top of the pedal with a protective backet. One valve glows green when the pedal is selected, the other is Red or Blue for the channel selection. Valves can be swapped from the top.

12. Same size box as my other VT2 pedals,

This pedal will replace the DHA VT2-Duals.

I will be doing a rack mount version with 3 valves. Same spec as above but with a valve driven FX loop (3rd valve), 2 DI's, Tuner mute and footswitch.

First pedals will be ready in about 3-4 weeks and I will do the same as I always do with a new product and let the first 5 BC members that order get them at a reduced rate. Target price for this product will be £250 + P&P - First 5 will be £200 with Power Supply and P&P

I will do a guitar version as well.

regards

Dave

Edited by DHA

[quote name='DanOwens' post='454892' date='Apr 5 2009, 08:35 PM']Hi Dave,

So how exactly does it differ from the current VT2s? Two EQs, DI, CDin, headphone out, but no longer 1>2?

I've been waiting for a second hand VT2, but if i'm right I may go for a new one of these!

Dan[/quote]

Hi Dan,

Two active EQ's and separate channels plus DI and headphone amp are the main points. The 1>2 is replaced with the overdrive on the Red channel, same thing.

Dave

Edited by DHA

Sounds neat Dave, would love to see a switchable 'speaker sim' lowpass filter added around 5k (or even adjustable freq like the Markbass VLE control) to the DI & headphone outputs. Also an fx loop so you can process delays etc after the overdrive yet still be able to utilise the DI/headphone outputs. That would make it a total EBS Microbass killer!

Got info on the dimensions or any prototype pics?

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='455184' date='Apr 6 2009, 09:57 AM']Sounds neat Dave, would love to see a switchable 'speaker sim' lowpass filter added around 5k (or even adjustable freq like the Markbass VLE control) to the DI & headphone outputs. Also an fx loop so you can process delays etc after the overdrive yet still be able to utilise the DI/headphone outputs. That would make it a total EBS Microbass killer!

Got info on the dimensions or any prototype pics?[/quote]

The rackmount version will have a valve driven FX loop but as it requires another valve there is no way to get it into the pedal version.

The box is the same size as the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive and the VT2's - 185x125x95mm including knobs, switches and the guard for the valves. I ordered the PCBs this morning and I will make up a box in the next few days ready for their arrival, so I will post pic's when done.

Edited by DHA

[quote name='DanOwens' post='455412' date='Apr 6 2009, 01:37 PM']So how much higher will the pedal be? I'm interested as my pedalboard lid is pretty low.

Thanks

Dan[/quote]

The overall height will be 95mm.

[quote name='BassBalls' post='455985' date='Apr 6 2009, 11:45 PM']How much do you think the rack mount version will end up being? Will you do a reduced rate for the first few sold like the pedal versions?[/quote]

I am making a rack mount version now as one has already been ordered. I will have a better idea of the cost of the production version once it's complete. But yes I could let 1 or 2 go at a reduced rate. PM me for a chat about spec, price, etc.

[quote name='DHA' post='455497' date='Apr 6 2009, 02:34 PM']The overall height will be 95mm.[/quote]

If this is a problem then I can turn the valves 90 degrees and have them coming out the back. Box would then be something like 220x120x75

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DHA-VT2-Twin-EQ-Bass-2-channel-valve-pre-amp-for-bass_W0QQitemZ310140925346QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item310140925346&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DHA-VT2-Twin-EQ-Bass...%3A1%7C294%3A50[/url]

Offer of £200 still stands for another 2-3 weeks or until the remaining of the the first 5 off are sold.

Dave

• 1 month later...

[quote name='DHA' post='482829' date='May 8 2009, 11:48 AM']Here it is....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DHA-VT2-Twin-EQ-Bass-2-channel-valve-pre-amp-for-bass_W0QQitemZ310140925346QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item310140925346&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DHA-VT2-Twin-EQ-Bass...%3A1%7C294%3A50[/url]

Offer of £200 still stands for another 2-3 weeks or until the remaining of the the first 5 off are sold.

Dave[/quote]

The first few are out there now but I still have 2 at the offer price.

I am thinking of doing a reduced feature "Std" version of this pedal. Would lose the headphone amp, line in, boost and bright switches. But not sure about the DI.

The target price would be below £200 where as the "custom shop" version as shown here will be £250.

What do you guys think? Is the DI a must?

Dave

I think this pedal is fantastic and if I didn't already have an MXR M-80 and a host of gain pedals I would snap one right up.

For me, the DI function would be a TOTAL MUST. I think it would be a big shame to remove it in the Standard version, but that's just my opinion. I would have to have the current model if I was going to choose.

[quote name='iamapirate' post='526412' date='Jun 28 2009, 12:10 AM']I WANT!! Looking nice!! I really wanna try one out!! Where can I try one?[/quote]

Trying one is always an issue with my products as I only build to order and this is a new model so there are very few out there. I don't deal via shops as they require such a high mark-up.

All I can say is read the various reviews and comments on this and other sites as all my valve based pedals have the same basic tone. The VT2-Twin-EQ-Bass has the 2 channnels and the Blue channel is the same as the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive and the Red channel is also a VT1-EQ but with an extra gain stage. There are lots of VT1-EQ-Bass-Drives out there as it's my best selling valve pedal.

Dave

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Vt2-Twin-EQ-Bass pedals are now shipping, some already with customers and others due out this week.

The reduced cost VT2-Twin-Std-Bass is also now shipping and can be seen on ebay

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DHA-VT2-Twin-Std-Bass-2-channel-tube-overdrive-for-Bass_W0QQitemZ310182132184QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item48384bb9d8"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DHA-VT2-Twin-Std-Bas...=item48384bb9d8[/url]

offer of £185 for BC members including P&P and power supply still stands for another week or two if ordered direct

Dave

Edited by DHA