Why become a member? ×

Status Energy 5 with EMGs - £400 - *SOLD*
£400
Norwich, UK

Gamble

Heyo!

I've decided to let this Status Energy 5 go as my bass gear piggy bank is running low.

I picked this bass up in a trade a while back and set it up E to C so I could tinker around with chords and tapping (nice flat fretboard and low action), but I intend on changing it back to B to G before letting it go (unless that's a deal breaker).

It's got active EMGs fitted and although I dont know when I last plugged it in, from memory it sounds great so I suggest someone snags it quick before I plug it in and go "Aw man, this sounds great - I'll keep it!"

As you can see from the pics it's got some wear and tear, I consider it mojo myself, but I'll call it relic/distressing and charge an extra hundred quid if that helps.

Collection from Norwich preferred but I'll ship within the UK at the buyer's expense - having looked at the fine print for insurance I personally think there's too many hoops to jump through to not give them a get out if something goes wrong, so I'll also be willing to jump in the car and deliver it personally for the cost of fuel within a reasonable distance. I work at Snetterton Monday to Friday which I can use as a headstart if you're in that direction.

Really I just want a cash sale, but I'll consider trades for compact and/or powerful lightweight cabs, or an EHX Pitchfork (maybe similar polyphonic harmoniser pedals).

Any questions please ask! 

Cheers, Matt 

20211127_121333.jpg

20211127_121339.jpg

20211127_121347.jpg

20211127_121358.jpg

20211127_121405.jpg

20211127_121409.jpg

20211127_121414.jpg

20211127_121422.jpg

20211127_121427.jpg

20211127_121433.jpg

Edited by Gamble
Update to trades
  • Like 10

Somebody managed to spot from these photos that these fret markers aren't original, I hadn't even noticed but on closer inspection I thought it'd be worth just mentioning that whoever fitted them hasn't done a flawless job - see these close-ups.

As I said, I didn't even realise so it can't be too noticeable at any kind of distance, and it in no way affects how the bass plays - I just wanted to be up front about it incase I end up shipping the bass to a buyer with a discerning eye.

20211128_203300.jpg

20211128_203315.jpg

2 hours ago, Henry bass said:

Hi how much to post to cv10 please 

Hello buddy!

I've been looking into shipping costs, it seems like jumping through all the hoops required to make the insurance worth paying for will mean shipping in a hard case (I do have an old battered one I could use if needed) and will cost about £50, which seems steep to me - perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places. 

The alternative is trust my packing skills and hope the couriers don't do anything really silly and it should be about £10/15

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, status1 said:

I’ve got. A Galen kruger fusion  500 I’d swop

I've actually got the amp I was after (should probably update the original post), but I am interested in this amp if it's the one I've seen online - got three 12AX7s in there?

Edited by Gamble

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gamble changed the title to **SOLD** Status Energy 5 with EMGs - £400