Why become a member? ×

Fender Bass V 1965 Candy Apple Red Matching Headstock. Offers considered. - *SOLD*
£4500

WishIcouldplay

Don't understand why people get shirty about people asking for the weight. Especially not on other people's sales threads.

For me it's the single most important factor. I even ask shops if they'll weigh new basses for me if I'm considering an online purchase. It's not my fault my body doesn't quite work as I'd like it to.

Sellers are always entitled to refuse to answer if they don't want to, and it's nobody else's business.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/10/2022 at 01:21, Vin Venal said:

Don't understand why people get shirty about people asking for the weight. Especially not on other people's sales threads.

For me it's the single most important factor. I even ask shops if they'll weigh new basses for me if I'm considering an online purchase. It's not my fault my body doesn't quite work as I'd like it to.

Sellers are always entitled to refuse to answer if they don't want to, and it's nobody else's business.

Agree 100%, if the seller doesn't reveal the weight I wouldn't even bother to consider buying it.

Edited by joe_geezer

• WishIcouldplay changed the title to Fender Bass V 1965 Candy Apple Red Matching Headstock. Offers considered.
  • 2 weeks later...

I've searched the internet but can't find how long the neck of this bass is - from nut to neck end. All I can read is that it has a 'short neck'. So how short is a short neck .... and are the 15 frets same fret size/spacing as a regular long scale bass? I'm intrigued! Have a bump and feel free not to reply 🙂 

Just to try and give some information re the comments by spoonhunter.

The sale length is 34 inches. The Frets are the same spacing as a regular 34 inch sale length Bass.

The length from nut to 15th Fret is just under 20 inches.

The length from nut to end of headstock is 10.5 inches.

hope this answers the question.

On 04/12/2022 at 09:58, graham1945 said:

Yup, mine's stringed b to g, and more usable in my opinion. You have the choice of course. This one is in beautiful condition, and complete - unlike mine, which isn't for sale. This one is an investment. GLWTS.

Did you have to change anything to the nut or the bridge to accommodate the bigger B-string?

15 hours ago, WishIcouldplay said:

Just to try and give some information re the comments by spoonhunter.

The sale length is 34 inches. The Frets are the same spacing as a regular 34 inch sale length Bass.

The length from nut to 15th Fret is just under 20 inches.

The length from nut to end of headstock is 10.5 inches.

hope this answers the question.

Exactly so, as above. The squared off neck socket pretty much prevents much comfortable higher neck playing. Also, with the original tuners, there is a bit of neck dive. Used mine for around twenty years quite happily with a variety of pick ups. Still gig it occasionally.

Graham

• WishIcouldplay changed the title to *SOLD*Fender Bass V 1965 Candy Apple Red Matching Headstock. Offers considered.