Why become a member? ×

Really good drum podcast

Owen

We know that our natural allies are drummers. I have an aquaintance who is doing zoom drum interviews. Not just anyone mind you. He is talking to drum royalty again and again. To make YT actually pay you need a minimum of 1000 subscribers. He has 908. Like many musicians, he has a year and a half of virtually no paying gigs.

Help a brother out for no cost to you by hitting that subscribe button. And enjoy a normal bloke interviewing people in a very natural way. His two part thing with Slade's drummer is a classic amongst many others. Just talking to the players rather than the hype machine.

https://www.youtube.com/c/NorthWalesDrumPromotions

• Like 2

To prove I am down with the latest tech I just need to make sure that it is the You Tube channel you have subscribed to (I know you are rolling your eyes at me!) . That is what enables him to actually monetise it - so vulgar, but we all need to eat. Ta.

Among his list are Clem Cattini, Dr Gadd, 10cc's drummer, Don from Slade and a host of others who I had no idea about but were a really good listen.

7 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

I don't have a youtube account. When I said podcast subscription, I meant it. Does he get any kind of royalties through ads on the podcast?

I knew you knew! But I think that the actual YT account is where the $$$ happens. Having said that, I do not know if the podcast ads generate $$$ as well. You know what? He will be happy that he just has another listener :)

• Like 1