Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender MIM Jazz 5-String

spinynorman

Would anyone be interested in my MIM Jazz 5-string in fetching Midnight Wine? According to the serial number it's a 1999-2000 vintage and in very good condition all round. There's inevitable scuffs on the body, but no more than that. Neck's good, truss rod works, everything is stock except the pickups, which are Seymour Duncan Basslines. It will come in a charcoal grey Squier-badged gig bag, which is also in very good condition and is better quality than you might expect. It is currently fitted with straplocks in the photos, but I'll put the stock buttons back before shipping.

Selling because I really don't need two 5-strings when I mostly play 4s. And I just drunkenly hit the BIN on a 51 Reissue Precision and must atone for my sins. :)

I'm not sure what it would fetch on the open market, but I was thinking about £225 + shipping, or collect from deepest Warwickshire (30mins west from J15/M40).

Any appearance of damage in the photos is either due to solar flare off the lights or reflection off the bloody dust, which comes back faster than I can wipe it off.

[url="http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff24/philtrory/Jazz%20V/"]More pictures here[/url]

Phil

Edited by spinynorman

Thanks. The Basslines do give it a really nice growl. And the low B is well tensioned, even though it's 34" scale. As ball end experts will have recognised it's wearing D'Addario Chrome Flats and they suit it very well.

One thing cosmetic thing I'll just point out: at the back of the headstock there's a round mark between the E and B tuners. It looks like a hole has been drilled and dowelled, but if so it doesn't go all the way through and it was done before the finish was applied. Whether the jig misfired or what I don't know - as it's at the back I never bothered about it.

Edited by spinynorman

Might be interested - am currently on the lookout for a nice 5 string as a returning bassist (who was a big fan of Jazzes BITD). Having played a few Jazzes recently, my main concern would be weight as they seem to vary massively and my back is not all it used to be. I had a go on a MIM a week or so ago and it did my back no favours at all. Care to comment on its' weight? Is it at the lighter or heavier end of the scale?

Cheers,

G

Guest Lee Van Cleef

[quote name='Delberthot' post='454472' date='Apr 5 2009, 02:55 AM']That's an absolute bargain. 4 string MIM Jazzez go for that and more on Ebay[/quote]

No doubt, my only thing is, as a beginner getting confused with tunings and whatnot. Not really knowing much about the Bass guitar and it's very strange ways. It's easy to tune drums!

[quote name='AREA' post='454508' date='Apr 5 2009, 09:12 AM']I have the same one...with SD Quarterppounder Pickups and a Black PG ...really great Bass. You should easy get 350 GBP....

[/quote]

Oh, that black pickguard looks good. I had thought about doing that, but never got round to it. You're making me waver on selling it now ....

Just a little Tip...If you use Taperwound Strings for the Low B and maybe the E String...(Importand is the Low B ) it will do lots in Definition and Punch for your Low B... :)

Edited by AREA