Why become a member? ×

Shuker Fretless

OldGit

Shuker Fretless from a shop [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shuker-Fretless-Custom-UK-Bass-Guitar-Spalted-Beech_W0QQitemZ320353442574QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item320353442574&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262"]here[/url] £995 BIN ...

I think this is the one that 'Funkmaster' Dave and I diddled with at Jon's workshop. The timing would be right.

We were bowled over by the schertler sound and the only nit pick I had was I wasn;t over keen on the fiddly control panel.

It's worth the money - that's not to say he'll get a sale - but I just don't have a job for a thousand pound fretless.

I'm a sucker for a bit of spalt, and that one is seriously nice but for me the neck and body don't quite match aesthetically. Apart from the tonal mismatch (colour) the organic warmth in the body is imbalanced by the stark flame maple on the headstock face (ooh hark at me I've gone all Culture Show). To put it crudely it looks like a cut n shut... a very lovely cut n shut. A bit of that beech on the headstock face would have finished it to a tee.
IMHO.