Why become a member? Ɨ

Ampeg 115 cab difference

Reggaebass

Iā€™ve just got an ampeg V4-B amp and Iā€™d like to pair it with an ampegĀ 115 cab, the 3 main ones I think areĀ 

PF 115 LF

PF 115 HE

SVT 15 E

but I believe thereā€™s others, Iā€™m using my MarkbassĀ Ā ny 115 at the moment which I like , but I fancy trying an ampeg to match, Ā Ā whatā€™s the differences and will I still get nice deep lows for reggae and dub šŸ™‚

Ā 

I had the PF115LF cab and loved it but itā€™s very big and heavy for what is a single cabĀ 

Ā 

They do have a ton of depth to the sound but again maybe too much low end for some.

Ā 

Hated the tolex covering as itā€™s very smooth so amp slides off it ( get a rubber mat )

Ā 

If weight isnā€™t an issue or space then they are well priced cabs and two would make a huge rigĀ 

20 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

maybe too much low end for some.

Ā 

Hated the tolex covering as itā€™s very smooth so amp slides off it ( get a rubber mat )

Thanks BA, I nearly bought your one, too much low end isnā€™t possible for me šŸ˜, Iā€™m edging towards the one you had , Iā€™ve emailed ampeg for recommendationsĀ 

If you really want a 15. Canā€™t go wrong with a Barefaced Compact. Pick them up for around Ā£250-Ā£300 s/h. They are light and very loud. I A/Bā€™d a friends one against my old Super Compact and personally preferred the sound of the Compact. It was also noticeably louder than the SC.Ā 

• Thanks 1

If you get a compact youā€™ll probably have to turn it on its side as it believe it is 19ā€ wide on top but 24ā€ on its side so should fit/make the v4b look better. Plus you can always add another at a later date. Would look and sound incredibly!Ā 

• Like 1