Why become a member? ×

Just arrived in the post... (Suggestions welcome!)

Tait

This just arrived in the post!

It was a bit of an impulse buy, so I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with it yet! I need to decide on a finish first (I'll almost definitely just go for a clear coat, although I might stain the mahogany back and the really unrealistic part of me wants to try something like this but I know I'll mess it up and regret it!) 

I also need to decide on hardware (I'm thinking something black would go nice with the spalted maple), pickups, and electronics (I'd like an active/passive switch for sure). First thing I guess is a bridge so I can drill the holes! Any suggestions?

PXL_20210902_140006689~2.jpg

PXL_20210902_135904939.jpg

Edited by Tait
  • Like 3

I like the top - it would be a shame to lose it under paint. A natural satin finish would be my preference/ recommendation.

Have you thought about "aged/ relic" hardware? There are aged brass tuners on eBay which would suit a natural finish bass. I'd also think about satin finish tuners.

Image 1 - Pack of 4 Bass Tuning Pegs Keys Machine Head Tuners for Bass Purple Bronze 4L,

Image 1 - Hipshot USA Ultralite HB6Y Bass Guitar Tuners Tuning Pegs Machineheads - 13mm

• Like 1

Very Nice... Do they do 4's Got a link? £?

{EDIT: Just googled G&G and found it on Amazon... low and behold, looks like the kit contains the same bridge i found below, but in chrome! Gonna cost £50ish n north to improve i recon, Schaller, Gotoh etc. Stick wiv what ya got... prolly same with the tuners. Try a bit of vaseline on the worm to smooth em out.}

Finish... Danish Oil from Screw Fix 'No Nonsense'... £5... I've just finished my P Bitsa in it.

Tuners... look nice but yours have bigger holes, so will need more Fender Fit... so might have to go conventional... £17.50

Bridge... 5, Black n Meaty... so it wont get lost next to the Bridge MM Pick Up.... and cheap at £12...

Edited by PaulThePlug