Why become a member? ×

US J Deluxe 2017. SOLD
£700
North Kent

steve-bbb

up for sale is this extremley attractive oly white J  - purchased by me on a whim a few years ago but never really clicked with it even though it is a lovely looking and sounding bass

it has had some remedial work carried out by Simon at 81guitarworks who spotted that the neck was quite badly misaligned and the corresponding bridge placement - the remedy was to take off the neck and reset and then reposition the bridge plate - the only issue being that the bridge plate needed so much realignment that it rendered the through body stringing channels unusable - we had to go for fender hi mass bridge to replace the original - will include a set of pics i took before the work to try and show how much out of line it was

active/passive switchable, n3 noiseless pickups - the body and finish is mint - originally left the factory issued with a black plate but i bought with the tort - black original will be included along with original bridge and all the usual case candy - includes the new style fender hard case

no swaps trades or offers please i am currently thinning the herd :)

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

Edited by steve-bbb
  • Like 1

i tried in these second set of pictures to capture what was happinging with the alignment - basically the g string was almost off the edge of the fretboard and the e was way too far across - and the the bridge position it was dififcult to set up so that each string was sat neatly between the pickup poles