Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!! Handbox R400 head
£525
Wrexham

bassintheface

SOLD!!

Hello all,

so with a severe lack of gigs going forward, it is with a heavy heart that I put this absolute corker of an amp up for sale.

I only bought it just over a month ago (from here) and have done 1 x 2 hr rehearsal and 1 gig, however, with no gigs or live 'action' remotely on the horizon, I have realised that this is a silly luxury to have sat at home.

It's been paired with a wonderful Barefaced Super Twelve which is also for sale - see my other thread.

I would consider selling them as a pair - pm for details.

It is for sale for the amount I paid for it and I'm firm on that.

I would totally prefer collection, or meet up within an hour of Wrexham / Chester - if you want postage then PM and we can discuss options.

There's a tonne of info on the forum about these amps  and they really are brilliant. 

If I had gigs and a regular band then there's no way I'd be selling.

In summary - 

The preamp utilises three 12AX7 (ECC83) tubes

A/B power supply based on an efficient toroidal transformer and large capacity electrolytic capacitors, delivering a powerful 400W into a 4ohm load.

WxHxD: 375mm x 108mm x 315mm
* Weight: 10.5kg

input jack
* MUTE switch
* BRIGHT / DARK switch: Engaged: +3dB @ 100Hz, -3dB @ 750Hz, +2dB @ 10 kHz
* DRIVE switch: (The DRIVE switch raises the level of the signal at the input stage by about 6dB – great for heavier genres, or for instruments with lower output).
* INPUT GAIN: Using the INPUT GAIN, you can access a wide range of tones - from crystal clear to a fat, saturated harmonic crunch. 

* BASS / TREBLE
* CONTOUR: Introduces 0 to -12dB @ 1kHz
* OUTPUT VOLUME
* 3-state LED indicator: PROTECT / READY / LIMIT.
* LINE OUT DI: a professional-quality DI, with PRE / POST gain and GROUND LIFT switches

http://www.handbox.pl/R-400-MINI-HEAD-p142.html

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

Edited by bassintheface
SOLD.
  • Like 2

Picked one of these up off here last week, gigged it for the first time on Saturday (classic-rock covers band) and was deeply impressed.  The controls are minimal but have been extremely well thought-out to deliver a wide range of great sounds that are very easily accessible.  IMHO one of the best-kept secrets in the world of bass amps and I may well make this my main gig amp going forward.  Given that it would be replacing my state-of-the-art Mesa TT-800 that cost more than double the money new, that's really saying something.  GLWTS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two more gigs done with mine - absolutely brilliant through my pair of BF SC3s (just posted a link to last night's gig on 'Performance/Recordings of your band' topic).  I've had punters congratulate me on my sound at all 3 gigs btw so have a bump on me 🙂

Edited by scrumpymike