Why become a member? ×

Is it just me?

R,5,R,5...

We've removed off topic from the post count because two or three other members have been posting in offtopic and nowhere else on the site. We've recieved a number of complaints and so as a balanced approach to addressing concerns we've attempted to:

1) Draw some attention away from the issue of post counts altogether by removing them from user profiles
2) Introduce a ranking system which progressively becomes slightly less flattering the more posts are accrued.
3) Post counts are interpreted more generally as an indicator of a members contribution to the community. Given this is a bass forum, obtaining a high post count by prolifically posting in offtopic undermines whatever remaining validity they have to a large extent.

At the end of the day we want members to be more focussed on the quality and content of their posts than the number that are made. Anyone with who takes themselves too seriously on this forum would probably be happier in the long run posting somewhere else.

All these measures are intended to do is undermine significance from post counts in the first instance and second, ensure that they represent what they're supposed to represent if members do get particularly 'fixated' on them.

On Bassworld we removed post counts altogether because some individuals were taking them too seriously for the overall health of the community.

Hope this helps clarify things. We don't want a competitive atmosphere on the forum.

Mrs Tinman asked the same question in Off Topic the other day - this was Phatmonkey's reply:

"Check the cookie settings in your browser (normally under the privacy tab in the preferences). Make sure it is accepting all cookies from this site, or just let it accept all cookies from all sites."

She believed him, too!

[quote name='Linz' post='3614' date='May 21 2007, 01:35 PM']Mrs Tinman asked the same question in Off Topic the other day - this was Phatmonkey's reply:

"Check the cookie settings in your browser (normally under the privacy tab in the preferences). Make sure it is accepting all cookies from this site, or just let it accept all cookies from all sites."

She believed him, too![/quote]

I wouldn't mind a cookie now, so I'd be inclined to accept it.

Anyhow, I found that pressing Alt and F4 took care of my problem!