Why become a member? ×

Dunlop DC Brick

Murph_Orpheus

Thinking about picking this up but I have a few questions regarding it. Will it power absolutely every kind of pedal? Like for instance, a digitech whammy pedal, that has a specific adaptor that it uses to be powered, so would the dc brick power that pedal? Also boss pedals have their own adaptors as well dont they? I'm just a tad confused by this one.

I have one and it's very good but it won't power everything. For example I have an Electro-Harmonix Black Finger compressor which has it's own 12volt AC adaptor. If you've got pedals with their own adaptors just look to see what power they are giving and if it's AC or DC - it will be on the adaptor somewhere.

The Brick has seven 9v DC outputs and three 18v DC outputs and can deliver up to 1000 milliamps. Most pedals use about 30 milliamps.

I have 2 Digitech effects (Genesis I and a GNX-1) which *both* need an AC-IN and an AC-OUT type of power (*not* DC-OUT).

Attaching DC out may or may not cause damage - I did that with the GNX-1 and it looked as though it was powering up, but stalled and it didn't do any damage - but then it was brain-damaged when I got it.

I have no idea about a Whammy pedal though, but I suspect it may be as above. When 1 power supply died, I got a replacement from a guy selling supplies on Ebay but I had to email him specifically about the correct model.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne