Why become a member? ×

Broughton HPF Tuneable withdrawn
£150
Kendal UK

GreeneKing

What I'm looking for is a trade for a Micro Thumpinator. I'd prefer a non adjustable high pass filter. This post may not be allowed. I'm not sure. I'd rather trade for a simple hpf than sell for cash.

This unit functions perfectly as it should and I believe I have it's box hidden in the loft.

I've had issues with Micro Thumpinators not working from new (one was fixed by return and the other was eventually returned as it worked fine for Max but not for me???)

I'm looking for a simple solution.

Peter

IMG_1408.jpg

Edited by GreeneKing
Withdrawn

7 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Your syntax is all over the shop. From the pic and general rambling it looks like you want shot of the Broughton for sumthin' simpler that isn't a Thumpinator?

Just blob up the knob on the Broughton with a lump of BluTac. Job done.

Thank you for your less than pleasant critique. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Your syntax is all over the shop. From the pic and general rambling it looks like you want shot of the Broughton for sumthin' simpler that isn't a Thumpinator?

Just blob up the knob on the Broughton with a lump of BluTac. Job done.

Bit rude.

• Like 1

I accept that my post isn't the easiest to read but there's ways and there's ways.

Basically I'd like to trade for a Micro Thumpinator. I don't need the adjustment but some may have a use for it. I'm far from certain I'm getting the best out of it.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

To get the best from it you should first return your amp's bass control to the neutral position ie no boost or cut. Then play loudly and bring up the HPF from the 'no effect' position to where it starts to sound like there is something missing. Then turn it back to where it sounds good again. Leave it there. Experiment with the new change in reaction from your EQ on your amp. Maybe another round of bringing up and back the HPF. Put a blob of blutac on it so it stays put.

• Like 1