Why become a member? ×

Judas Priest's Rocka Rolla: Hard Rock or Heavy Metal?

Judas Priest's Rocka Rolla: Heavy Metal or Hard Rock?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Hard Rock or Heavy Metal?

• Heavy Metal
    • Hard Rock

On 03/07/2021 at 07:29, tegs07 said:

I’m not keen on pigeon holing music. Even being commercial is seen as a sin. A good record is still good even if it appeals to more people.

This. If it be good who cares what label it has? Take Grunge for example. To be Grunge you had to come from Seattle around the early '90s. Grunge bands vary greatly in sounds.

To me, ALL the Riot Grrrll! bands were Grunge. I actually thought a new sub-genre just because they're female was a stupid thing. It's kind of like the comments that "Tina Weymouth is a great WOMAN bass player!".

She's great no matter what gender she is, as well as the Riot Grrrl! acts. L7 is a damn great band live!

On 01/07/2021 at 20:58, Killed_by_Death said:

J,P. are like Motörhead, in that their original lineup is NOT the lineup everyone came to love.

Allan Atkins formed the first Judas Priest:

jp1.jpg

Bruno (very first bass player) lives down my way, plays bass for a covers band called The cadence, bloody good they are too and he is an awesome player. He has a lovely old 62 Jazz he painted black and plays through an old Peavey TNT but somehow manages to sound incredible. Must be in the fingers like they say..

• Like 2