Why become a member? ×

My house for sale (bass player content)

police squad

Had a viewing on my house on Saturday.

Lovely chap with his wife. She is Italian and we all hit it off marvellously.

She spots some of my guitars, oh he's a bass player.

Me and him got chatting and I asked him about his playing.

Jethro Tull, Take That, Gary Moore........

Only Jonanthan Noyce. What a terrific bloke and his Missus. He had a play on a couple of my basses and loved my '73 P bass and Ibanez MC940 fretless.

Very small world as he has also played with a few of my mates including my keys player in my duo.

• Like 14

I was selling my last house before this one and one of the viewers was a prolific music journalist/writer. My wife did the viewing not me and, despite several attempts to hook up, we never actually got to meet. His name was Terry Rawlins, IIRC, and Mod culture was his thing.

The same house was viewed by the local MP who was looking for somewhere in the constituency. |I refused to sell it to her because she was a Tory (that's not actually true but I thought about it - she didn't make an offer. Probably needed something bigger to accommodate her share portfolio 🤣)..

Edited by Bilbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bilbo said:

I was selling my last house before this one and one of the viewers was a prolific music journalist/writer. My wife did the viewing not me and, despite several attempts to hook up, we never actually got to meet. His name was Terry Rawlins, IIRC, and Mod culture was his thing.

Funny isn't it. 

2 minutes ago, police squad said:

Funny isn't it. 

I guess musos etc have a consistent taste in houses/flats etc. Interestingly, we bought this house off a guitar player. He had pictures of Robben Ford and Larry Carlton on the wall and was blown away because I knew who they were!

Edited by Bilbo

I sold my last place to someone I know in the local music scene - he's in a band and promotes/organises gigs in one of the local venues.  Was quite a surprise when he came for a viewing - my reaction went along the lines of "what are you doing here?"

Didn't put him off - they still bought the place :)

• Like 1