Why become a member? ×

Hohner 6 string bass for sale

Born 2B Mild

I got this with the intention to defret. Now I've gone and got the GAS for a top-end sixer, and I've got to muster up some funds.

This 'good as new' 2006 model Hohner [b]B Bass 6[/b] has a 34”, 24 fret rosewood fingerboard on a thru-body neck. 5 piece maple and walnut body, which has a natural satin finish with “Black Chrome” hardware. EMG Select Humbucker Pickups, each with their own volume control, with a stacked Treble and Bass boost/cut control, and a two way switch for active or passive playing using an adjustable preamp. Fully adjustable bridge cast in black chrome, and a set of Hip-shot Y type Open Back tuners, also cast in black chrome.

It has a calm grace about it and I find the neck very slim and effortless to move around. If you are interested in adding a sixer for the first time, this is a great one to start on. The Korean build quality is of a very high standard.

Ideally, I'd prefer a physical handover. I do get down to London now and then, so if you can't make it to Yorkshire, then a rendezvous may be arrangeable elsewhere.

Pics here...
[url="http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii81/KickThe_Bucket/?action=view&current=662dc2b5.pbw"]http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii81/Ki...nt=662dc2b5.pbw[/url]

Edited by Born 2B Mild

I had the 4 string model,
great build quality, fantastic playability. With that bass I was able to be more virtuoso than I used to be.
His weak point is the active electronic because it sucks batteries rapidly, but fortunately is bypassable with the switch on board.
[attachment=22921:DSCN9964.JPG]

I loved the neck pick up, big but extremely focused

I have the 5 string which I love for its narrow, slim neck - I'm upgrading the electrics. I've just put a John East U-Retro on instead of the 2-band and there's a pair of Joe Bardens coming to replace the EMGs.

Can't say I've had problems with battery-draining - last battery lasted over a year.

As already said, physical construction is excellent - Cort in Korea - maple body & neck, mine has an ebony fretboard. Neck through. Hardware more than adequate.

I'm surprised these aren't more popular.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne