Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision with S9 serial number *TRADED*

s_u_y_*

This is a Fender Precision bass guitar with a black finish, black pickguard and a maple neck. An interesting bass. Has an S9 serial number but has an 1983 date stamped on the neck heel. Still retains that classic 70's look though, and looks absolutely stunning!

It is not as heavy as other specimens I've played. I believe the pickups are vintage replacements because of the cloth wiring, but they sound awesome! I believe everything else is original.

The bass is in general fantastic condition considering the age, especially the neck. There's a tiny hint of buckle rash but can only be seen in certain angles of the light.

Not especially desperate to sell, and would much prefer a trade/part-exchange. Only thinking to get rid because my Fender Jazz's S-1 switching has the Precision tone pretty much covered, so this is just laying about doing nothing.

Would be interested in (not exclusively) Laklands, Warwicks or anything you may have in mind Just try me! May be in interested in neo cabs too.

Edited by s_u_y_*

Hi Froilan,
The neck code doesn't necessarily mean it's from 1983 - as the neck codes used between around 1969 to 1980 are notorious for being really hard to interpret / date accurately. So there's no reason to suppose that it isn't an S9 neck on an S9 bass as indicated by the headstock/neck pocket serial...& it's most likely a 1979-1980 model.
Hope that helps...?
Good luck with the sale mate!

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='99ster' post='47467' date='Aug 19 2007, 06:57 PM']Hi Froilan,
The neck code doesn't mean it's from 1983 - as the neck codes used between around 1969 to 1980 are notorious for being really hard to interpret / date accurately. So there's no reason to suppose that it isn't an S9 neck on an S9 bass as indicated by the headstock/neck pocket serial (a 1983 neck would have a clear/obvious month date code (e.g. FEB) followed by day & year) - it's most likely a 1979-1980 bass.
Hope that helps...
Good luck with the sale mate![/quote]

Nah.. it's Feb 1983 all the way. Accurate numerical codes were introduced in 1981.

It's very late for the logo, but it was a transitional time so not suprising.

Nice bass...

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='Sibob' post='48091' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:09 AM']Oh a p-bass from my birth year......don't tempt me :)

Si[/quote]

Go on! You know you play her you'll wanna grow old with her... hehe. :huh:

Thanks for the PMs guys. All responded. Also, thanks Jim and wateroftyne for the input.