Why become a member? ×

ebay: Warwick Bass Guitar (Owned by Stuart Zender)

xilddx

[quote name='silddx' post='474658' date='Apr 28 2009, 10:53 PM']jesus, £1,220?? I'm surprised with the way the market is at the moment.[/quote]

Especially as he didn't get a single bite last time when he had a BIN of £1000 (with the afore-mentioned 'authentication'). Nowt so funny as folk.... oh and eBay. :)

[quote name='silddx' post='451649' date='Apr 1 2009, 04:10 PM']Not one bid. After contacting Stuart with my Qs he told me the reserve is set at £1100 and "the Fret's (sic) are on the side". He meant the leds which are apparently yellow.[/quote]

The person you emailed with your questions was probably not Zender, as it is being sold by someone else - who may not know much about basses.

I imagine that if it is owned by Zender, he doesn't want to be emailed with loads of questions about things other than the bass sale.

The letter of authenticity is still showing as available on the ebay ad I saw.

I personally think that the price is fair for the instrument (I have a few Warwicks) , regardless of who owned it previously.

I had to advertise my last Warwick ( a six string NT Thumb) a few times so perhaps you are correct, the market is slow, but on the third time, it sold within 30 minutes at the BIN of £1700.

Just my 2p so no assassinations please.

[quote name='rslaing' post='474756' date='Apr 29 2009, 07:30 AM']The person you emailed with your questions was probably not Zender, as it is being sold by someone else - who may not know much about basses.

I imagine that if it is owned by Zender, he doesn't want to be emailed with loads of questions about things other than the bass sale.

I personally think that the price is fair for the instrument (I have a few Warwicks) , regardless of who owned it previously.

I had to advertise my last Warwick ( a six string NT Thumb) a few times so perhaps you are correct, the market is slow, but on the third time, it sold within 30 minutes at the BIN of £1700.

Just my 2p so no assassinations please.[/quote]

:) No assassinations, this is BC! :rolleyes:

You must have been looking back at the original listing re. the authenticity letter. Below is a cut and paste from the latest sale... no mention of letter!

"Warwick Bass Guitar fitted with L.E.D's on the side
(one of the first Warwick basses fitted with them)
Excellent condition and hard case is included
Used and owned by Stuart Zender (co-founder of Jamiroquai)
Used this guitar to record 'Manifest Destiny' on the Jamiroquai album 'Return of the Space Cowboy'.
Serial Number: G000865-94
Selling on behalf of Stuart Zender
Collection/Postage can be arranged on completion of auction
Cash on collection or funds to be cleared before releasing"

I agree with you about price (I intimated that the bass should be worth his price back in post #18) and it's a given that it isn't Zender selling the bass.

It may well be SZ's bass and it may well be worth a lot more than the selling price, it's just another of those eBay delights. :D

[quote name='rslaing' post='474756' date='Apr 29 2009, 07:30 AM']The person you emailed with your questions was probably not Zender, as it is being sold by someone else - who may not know much about basses.

Never said it was Zender, I know it wasn't Zender. It was the bloke selling on behalf of Zender.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='474753' date='Apr 29 2009, 07:03 AM']Lined only old bean! :rolleyes:[/quote]

That's a shame, old egg. Thanks for trying though, greatly appreciated. I can't believe I can't find a s/h fretless, I'm all wedged up and ready to go :)

Interestingly, one of the Mods over on the Warwick forum reckons that Zender can't confirm that the bass was his.

[url="http://forum.warwick.de/24-basses/8697-zender-streamer-ebay.html#post143940"]http://forum.warwick.de/24-basses/8697-zen...html#post143940[/url]

Personally I'd have thought that if Zender 'had' asked someone to sell it on eBay for him and had also originally offered a letter of authenticity, then Zender 'should' have found it fairly easy to confirm that the bass used to be his... you can read into that anything that you like! :)

The seller may or may not have told a fib, either way who cares; someone has bought a nice bass and paid a decent price for it.

MB1. :)
.....Currently set up on the Grassy knoll outside your house.....DOH! :rolleyes: