SumOne

Strings: La Bella Deep Talkin Bass 760FL (+ B string). Brand new. £30
£30
Twickenham

Posted (edited)

Edit: The E, A, D, G have now been sold. I still have the B string if anyone is interested for £6 (which is half the price I paid for it 2 days ago).

La Bella Deep Talkin Bass 760FL Flatwound, standard long scale (+ 765FS B string)

These arrived today and I put them on my Bass (I cut an inch off the B and G silk end) and took them off after an hour, I just don't like the feel of flatwounds. They are the most expensive strings I've ever bought so I'm hoping to recoup some of the money. 

£30 + £2 postage. 

20210506_205942.jpg

20210506_210050.jpg

20210506_210126.jpg

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

Ahhhh if that B wasnt for Through-Body I'd have bitten your hand off. Great set at a bargain price. 

• Like 1

Still a great price for the 4 set. Keep the 5th for other purposes...

Hope You find the strings You want SumOne

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, CalDeep said:

Ahhhh if that B wasnt for Through-Body I'd have bitten your hand off. Great set at a bargain price. 

Oh I didn't realise that! I might have a word with Bass Direct in that case as I didn't order through-body for the B (or if I did it was a mistake) just wanted it matching the others. It seemed to work but I did think it sounded a bit dull compared to the others - thought I just needed to muck about with the setup more though. They are £12 for single B strings.

Will knock some money off if anyone just wants the E, A, D, G set without the B. 

Edited by SumOne

The 4 string set has now been sold. 

I've still got the B if anyone is interested.

Bass Direct have replied to tell me that the B string is not trough-body, just tapered as LaBella do that for all the B strings in that range.

20 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Bass Direct have replied to tell me that the B string is not trough-body, just tapered as LaBella do that for all the B strings in that range.

IMG_8274.thumb.JPG.3fdea3c5ed4636576406fd9f3c33d823.JPG

I agree all DT 760 B's are tapered

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By shybaldbuddhist
      Set of flatwound chrome long scale medium gauge bass strings. Only played once before deciding I needed a lighter gauge.
      Gauges are: 50, 70, 85, 105. 
      The strings are cut to fit a Fender Jazz bass so will still be long enough for all types of bass.
      Normally £42. Will post for a couple of pounds extra. 

• By KeithPeb
      Hi, I have an Ibanez Talman short scale bass (originally bought for my young son). It plays really well and the strings in particular are very nice. I need to replace them and kind find any detail on them. Both Ibanez and the UK distributors have been unhelpful,
      The strings have a chrome ball end and have black tapered full length windings, They are roundwound strings.
      Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what they might be at all?
      I've searched to high heaven, but can't find any reference at all to them.
      Thanks in advance
    • By Baloney Balderdash
      As I tune my main 4 string Ibanez Mikro Bass, which has a just 28,6" scale length, in F# standard tuning, 2 half steps above regular 4 string E standard tuning, I use a set made out of single strings, the 2 middle strings actually being guitar strings threaded through the cut off ball ends of bass strings, after much experimentation settling for a gauge .090 - .072 - .054 - .040 set, calculated via the D'Addario String Tension Pro online string tension calculator the low F# string having a tension at about 25 lbs and the remaining strings just about 29 lbs each.
      So I was thinking taking a shot at ordering a custom set of Newtone strings next time, and as far as I can tell from the description it seems like the Diamond line nickle plated steel hex core roundwounds would suit my preferences the best (I would very much like to keep approximately the same measurements as above).
      Now I actually love the sound I get from the D'Addario XL strings I use, and didn't like the tone of the NYXL strings when I tried them, so my question is how does the Newtone Diamond series strings compare to D'Addario XL strings.
      I mean both in terms of tone, longevity, tension, stiffness and feel in general? 
      I calculated that with VAT and import taxes a custom Newtone set like this will end up costing me just about the same as if I ordered single string D'Addario XL strings.   A longer lifetime would be a big sales point for me.  
    • By charles.bioul.bass
      Hi,
      Selling my thomastik Enfield jazz FLATS.
      SET for 5 strings, standard 34 scale.
      They have been cut for fender jazz type headstock (4+1).
      They would fit any other type of headstock except 5 in a row type headstocks, but types like 2+3 or 3+2 would work.
      They were cut with a lot of extra length.
      Haven't played for more than 2 hours, so they're not even broken-in.
      Selling them because they just don't work on my 5 string bass, pickup combination.
      I have a set on a P bass and they sound fantastic, just not for this specific bass.
      Gauges are 043-056-070-100-136 
      I paid them 70£, was asking 50£,  now only 40£! Shipping included within the UK.