Overwater Fretless J (quilted maple "aquaburst", ebony fretboard) €950
£1050
Netherlands

Beautiful Overwater fretless bass, custom made for the original owner around 2005.

The bass has a stunning quilted maple top and a nice green/blue burst finish. The fretboard is made of ebony.  It's an active bass.

Pics:

8McW5Ex.jpg

IWzxwlv.jpg

Qv4Wr0e.jpg

jWPQWhF.jpg

Ry3pKWp.jpg

qCumrUQ.jpg

niU7Zjw.jpg

jisZTPZ.jpg

aJNysTC.jpg

ZCpNLmJ.jpg

aiZCx4c.jpg

SJG5JBy.jpg

vbZxnVy.jpg

PaUAJH2.jpg

c7KZpfb.jpg

OPn81iP.jpg

There are several cosmetic damages to be found around the bass; dents, scratches, missing paint chips; battle scars. The fretboard shows signs of use but is definitely in very good condition. All hardware and electronics function like they should. The bass plays very well and has plenty of the mwah you want from a decent fretless. 

An original, high quality Overwater gigbag/softcase is included.

€1.150

Trades are welcome. Fretted basses only please :).

I am located in the Netherlands, but happy to ship at buyers risk (insured, well packed)

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 3

Another lovely Overwater - I was far too precious with mine. Sold it, bought it back, sold it again. Great tonal package, perfectly weighted/balanced and played exquisitely.

If this is anything like that somebody will get an absolute bargain (£815).

GLWTS

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kdubb24
      So, I hastily purchased this preamp online from Darren Riley's Guitar and Amp Shop as soon as it became available with the intention of replacing the stock Fender Preamp (with no passive tone control) in my 2013 Fender American Select Active Jazz Bass. Well to my disappointment, the control cavity route is too small to fit this preamp ☹

It wasn’t cheap! I paid 200 USD for it. The price was no object as these are currently hard to come by and a year and a half of COVID/telework has been good for the wallet but bad for my GAS!
      Doesn’t come with the battery, output jack or pickup connector assemblies, but it your handy with a soldering iron and have 3 & 4 pin module connector wires like from a Flexcore preamp laying around (like I do) they will fit and you can make it work as I planned to do. Also, Fender Gen 4 Noiseless J pickups come with the connectors attached if you want to go that route. I included a diagram to show wiring layout.

I have no problem holding on to this in hopes that maybe one day I’ll run across a bass the it will fit into. Just trying to recoup what I paid for it, as it is totally unused.

Trade option: If you have a Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass preamp laying around, you know the ones from 2010-2016 with A/P switch and passive tone control we can work out a trade deal of equal value.
      Why a Fender preamp you might ask? I own a bunch of other preamps (John East, Audere, Flexcore, Bart etc)…none of them do the “wide mid boost/cut” thing for me like a Fender preamp!  IMO 😉

£150 or 170€ +postage delivered

Specs
      Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle

• By nationofzeros
      For sale : my 1982 Aria Pro-II SB-1000 'Super Bass'  - fretless
      In the late 70s / early 80s, the Japanese Matsumoku factory had progressed from picture-perfect copies to their own immaculately engineered and very creative original designs, and king of the basses was the Aria SB 'Super Bass' range, headlined by the top of the pile SB-1000.
      Matsumoku / Aria had clearly been contemplating the pathway laid down by Alembic, and countered with their own 'boutique' offering, the SB-1000. With a double octave 34" scale 5-ply maple / walnut neck, all-brass hardware and a Canadian Ash body, the SB-1000 certainly looked the part, but backed this up with its double coil MB-1 pickup feeding the proprietary 18V 'BB' active, noise - defeating circuitry, including a 6 - way filter enabling a surprisingly wide range of 80s tones, from deep reggae through to burbling & popping mids and snappy tops. All to the liking of John Taylor, Jack Bruce and Cliff Burton, to name 3 celebrity users.
      To this confection, this vanishingly rare fretless version adds a warm, menacing growl.
      This bass, which is a second generation 'bookend headstock' model,  is in extremely good, all-original condition. The electronics all work, the 6-way filter provides the requisite 6 different tones,  and the natty front face LED featured in these bookend versions blinks away in classic 80s sci-fi style once the bass is plugged in.
      With its railroad - straight, C-section neck, it is simple to set a very low, super-speedy action & wallow in all the 'mwaah' that results. There are a few minor dings around the body sides and a couple of contusions in the lacquer on the neck (see photos),  but these barely dint the majestically thick and luscious clearcoat that Aria saw fit to lavish on these 1000 series models.
      In the day, the SB-1000s were renowned for the dense and vibrant wood grain finishes that Aria coaxed from its timber, all different. I'm biased, but if you find a more attractive one than this, please let me know !
      Non OEM quality hardcase included (see pix) - price is exclusive of shipping costs.
      Happy to answer any questions, not happy to sell this beauty, but I need the space...

• By Dee-bass
      Beautiful Anaconda custom Ultra J5 A3. 
      Great condition & strung with DR Blues.
      This is a custom special order hand made instrument.
      It’s had a recent full service & set up by Andy Warnock. The action is set Low & plays superbly. Very light & comfortable, Perfectly balanced on a strap. 
      American Walnut Top
      Swamp Ash body 
      Wenge Fingerboard
      Hipshot Tuners
      Glockenklang Pre Amp/ Active & Passive 
      Woodhead low output pickups, very sweet sounding 
      New bone nut fitted replacing the original brass. 
      Hipshot adjustable bridge 

• By Mikey D
      Original Ibanez GWB1-TKF 5 String Fretless for sale.
      This was the 2nd Japanese run of Gary's GWB1 but in the slightly rarer Transparent Black Flat finish.  It isn't a defretted GWB2.
      This is a FugjiGen Gakki Japanese built instrument from 2003.
      Although the body both front and back are well played the neck is in excellent condition.

Body type: Solid Swamp Ash (Light Ash) body
      Bridge: STD-5 fixed (16.5mm string spacing)
      Pickguard: Removable wood finger ramp/rest
      Knob style: Knurled metal dome w/ pointer
      Hardware color: Black
      Neck type: GWB Prestige
      Neck material: 3-piece maple
      Scale length: 864mm / 34"
      Fingerboard material: Ebony
      Fingerboard inlays: Small white dot
      Nut: Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL (45mm)
      Machine heads: Gotoh GB70 w/ GWB Sure Grip buttons
      Pickup: Bartolini GWB (S) passive
      Electronics: Bartolini NTBT 2-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch (9V)
      Controls: Single volume w/ push-pull EQ bypass / stacked bass boost-cut & treble boost-cutB
      Comes with original Ibanez hardshell case.
      https://cs.hoshinogakki.co.jp/pcw.nsf/item.xsp?documentId=06A954A715D7B1EE49258059000947AA&strItemKey=GWB1_TKF_00_02&curSuffix=0002&curFromYMTX=2003%2F01&curToYMTX=2004%2F10&strMode=newpage

• By Sven Holscher
      Marleaux mBass 5 Custom Fretless Flame Pear Top

Marleaux is famous for their fretless basses, and this is one of their top ones ever made. A very special bass. The only existing bolt-on mBass made by Marleaux. It is a bolt on as that is the prefered construction for a balanced fretless sound accross all frequencies.

The bass is in absolute pristine condition with no dings or marks. I am only selling it because I quit playing fretless...

Specs:
      - 34" scale,
      - 5 string lined fretless 24 fret marks
      - tree peace maple neck
      - ebony fingerboard
      - mahogany body
      - figured pear wood top with wenge accent veneer
      - delano quad coil pickups
      - marleaux 3 band eq with active-passive switch
      - includes marleaux rigid gigbag, strap locks, tools and marleaux booklet
      - includes two removeable ebony finger ramps