Why become a member? ×

NBD - Spector CK-4 Chris Kael Sig.

Nibody

I really should stay off Bass Directs website.. pulled the trigger on a 2nd hand Spector Chris Kael signature (basically a Rex in Satin Black finish with EMG P/J setup).. an early 50th birthday present from the wife and my bank account. Pictures to follow. Im not even a FFDP fan. But it is (without the daft knuckle Duster bling) a thing of beauty

8E053FA5-0FCE-49EA-B592-27BD13DDEE1B.jpeg

B356D0E8-FD16-4912-B95B-28DB68E1E5EC.jpeg

Edited by Nibody
Added pics
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Congrats, I’d been looking at that and resisting as best I could.

I really wanted (originally) a YOB P bass (but there's no way on gods green earth I could afford or justify a 1971). Other alternative was a Nate Mendel (which is basicaly a copy of a 71) but Hens teeth... I love my FrankenSpector, and its the next best thing.. a Spector AND a P/J setup.

And yep, me too.. been looking at the damn thing every day for the last week or so - eventually the wife said "for gods sake stop pining and buy the blinkin thing"

Edited by Nibody

On 17/03/2021 at 12:18, Nibody said:

I really should stay off Bass Directs website.. pulled the trigger on a 2nd hand Spector Chris Kael signature (basically a Rex in Satin Black finish with EMG P/J setup).. an early 50th birthday present from the wife and my bank account. Pictures to follow. Im not even a FFDP fan. But it is (without the daft knuckle Duster bling) a thing of beauty

8E053FA5-0FCE-49EA-B592-27BD13DDEE1B.jpeg

B356D0E8-FD16-4912-B95B-28DB68E1E5EC.jpeg

And she arrived today. Here’s a pic on her own and with her sister the FrankenSpector

11 minutes ago, EddHytheTown said:

Nice one!

I really like the shape. Agree I'm not a big fan of the knuckle duster though. Perhaps keep it in your gig bag for any rough nights??

Thankfully when it arrived from Bass Direct it was already removed! I almost bought a Rex from these very forums a few years ago.. wish I had now.

• Like 1