Why become a member? ×

Where are all those Washburn basses?

adriansmith247

On 24/06/2021 at 11:27, dudewheresmybass said:

I've just spotted a beaten up Vulture IIRC on ebay. Asking 200 BIN i think

Just had a look - it's a bit tatty but if it wasn't collection in person from London I'd be sorely tempted. There aren't too many unmolested through-neck, early Yamaki-era Washburns around, and when they turn up they don't tend to be Vultures. Even in that condition it's a bit of a bargain.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

I now have two Washburn XB500 basses. 

And one of the best acoustic guitars I ever played was a Washburn D40.  Best? Maybe "Most inspirational, and responsive ".

IMG-20220614-WA0003.jpg

I would say the same is true of my D 60SW.

I think the first bass I bought was a Washburn Force ABT bass in red with the lighting crackle design on it. No idea what happened to it but I know I bought it from Andertons in the late 80's when they were in their original building.

I've also has a couple of Washburn AB20 acoustic basses. They were great basses but to me were a bit pointless if not fretless. Here I am playing one in 1998 that belonged to John Payne from Asia in his studio whilst recording an album.

198195_1002267489768_4491_n.jpg.d1d20adb000caa913872bb72a2d20855.jpg

Edited by Linus27

3 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

I think the first bass I bought was a Washburn Force ABT bass in red with the lighting crackle design on it. No idea what happened to it but I know I bought it from Andertons in the late 80's when they were in their original building.

I've also has a couple of Washburn AB20 acoustic basses. They were great basses but to me were a bit pointless if not fretless.

I've got a crackle red B20, and a plain (but aged) red B10 with a B20 neck and bridge.

My first bass I owned was a B2, then I had two B10s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BreadBin said:

I've got a crackle red B20, and a plain (but aged) red B10 with a B20 neck and bridge.

My first bass I owned was a B2, then I had two B10s.

That's so cool, please post a picture of the crackle red B20. Would love see it 😍

• Like 1