Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Roadster MegaCustom

hubrad

[quote name='elom' post='454921' date='Apr 5 2009, 09:17 PM']Please tell me that you are going to re-apply the "Ideal with Custard" sticker.[/quote]
Best advice yet - I was wondering about that and the 'Keep Mucus Vile' one.
Live and loud wind doesn't bother me so much these days.. :)
Had to destroy them to strip down.. I'll have to see what I can find! :rolleyes:

The truss rod is the right length to be unaffected and is now accessed through a hole in the string anchor. I'll try to photograph that.
More pics asap.

Got it fully playable now, so in for a practice tonight! :D

• 1 month later...

[quote name='BigRedX' post='452696' date='Apr 2 2009, 07:54 PM']That's really smart!

And you would have never guessed what it was originally.

How does lopping off the head affect the truss rod?[/quote]

Thanks!
The truss rod picture finally came together.. you can just about make out the edge of the nut down there. Otherwise no effect on its operation.
[attachment=26423:ibby_headend.jpg]

At last some better 'finished' piccies..
The front is stunning. I like this, glad I went there! :)
[attachment=26638:fin.front.jpg]
Then the back, too. The ash is beautiful.. almost (but not quite!) wish I could play it the other way round.
Spot the white dot of filler where I once experimented with an under-bridge transducer!
[attachment=26639:fin.back.jpg]

Controls are Vol and Blend. I've also got an EMG BTC (cheers, Aharon!) which I'll mebbe install in here too, but that's in another bass right now.
About the same time as this, I've finally got my dream bass.. an Overwater fretless, which is absolutely amazing! Still, taking both on a gig, playing this bass is coming straight back home to my comfort zone. This bass is not moving on! :rolleyes:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='507824' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:47 PM']nice!! sweet top on that :rolleyes:
If it was me, i'd probably take that neck down to raw wood too, i like how it feels, not a fan of gloss[/quote]
I've thought about the neck; not down to raw wood as it gets grubby and moist :) but I may well refinish to natural so it matches better. With my first Double, it had sticky gloss on the neck, so I French Polished it - worked a treat!

[quote name='hubrad' post='508004' date='Jun 8 2009, 10:22 AM']I've thought about the neck; not down to raw wood as it gets grubby and moist :) but I may well refinish to natural so it matches better. With my first Double, it had sticky gloss on the neck, so I French Polished it - worked a treat![/quote]
Well, i meant take it down to bare wood and then tung/gunstock oil it. I don't like sticky gloss :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 13 years later...