Why become a member? ×

Subdecay M3 synth

Quatschmacher

16 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Looks interesting. Gets compared quite a lot to the Boss SY-1 in this review:

I've not tried the Boss, but to me it sounds like it's in a similar vein to the Pigtronix Mothership 2, or the Digitech Dirty Robot.

It sounds cool. I like those type of synth pedals.

8 hours ago, Doddy said:

I've not tried the Boss, but to me it sounds like it's in a similar vein to the Pigtronix Mothership 2, or the Digitech Dirty Robot.

It sounds cool. I like those type of synth pedals.

That's a good shout.

Must admit I was singularly disappointed with the Digitech Dirty Robot - very very limited range of sounds and the ones it could do weren't particularly usable.

5 hours ago, Al Krow said:

That's a good shout.

Must admit I was singularly disappointed with the Digitech Dirty Robot - very very limited range of sounds and the ones it could do weren't particularly usable.

I don't mind the Dirty Robot and actually preferred it to their Bass Synth Wah that everyone seems to love. I found it more versatile. It's not as good as the Pigtronix though. I'm interested to try out the Subdecay to see how it compares.

7 minutes ago, Doddy said:

I don't mind the Dirty Robot and actually preferred it to their Bass Synth Wah that everyone seems to love. I found it more versatile. It's not as good as the Pigtronix though. I'm interested to try out the Subdecay to see how it compares.

Do you have the Pigtronix as well? It seemed to get mixed reviews and never really took off in the way the FI, C4 and SY-1 pedals did.

If you do end up getting the Subdecay - I'd definitely be very interested in getting your thoughts on it!

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Do you have the Pigtronix as well? It seemed to get mixed reviews and never really took off in the way the FI, C4 and SY-1 pedals did.

Yeah I've got the Pigtronix. I really like it - it's got a ton of cool sounds in it.

I think a lot people like the amount of editing available in pedals like the C4 or Future Impact but that's what kind of puts me off buying them, even though they sound great.

1 minute ago, Doddy said:

Yeah I've got the Pigtronix. I really like it - it's got a ton of cool sounds in it.

I think a lot people like the amount of editing available in pedals like the C4 or Future Impact but that's what kind of puts me off buying them, even though they sound great.

Well you're not going to get any argument from me on that last point!  And exactly is why I went for the SY-1 over both the C4 and FI, too!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doddy said:

The solution to that is to just download patches you like and/or just adjust them from the pedal panel (9 parameters each with 9 possible coarse values in the case of the FI). There’s loads of mileage right there. You could easily get by without ever having to do any tweaking other than setting input level and output volume on the top panel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

The solution to that is to just download patches you like and/or just adjust them from the pedal panel (9 parameters each with 9 possible coarse values in the case of the FI). There’s loads of mileage right there. You could easily get by without ever having to do any tweaking other than setting input level and output volume on the top panel. 

It still involves hooking it up to a computer or app though. I like to just turn knobs and find sounds that way. I know they sound great, but I don't particularly enjoy working with computers. I've only just recently bought a DAW setup because I was missing out on some work. 🤔

5 hours ago, Doddy said:

It still involves hooking it up to a computer or app though. I like to just turn knobs and find sounds that way. I know they sound great, but I don't particularly enjoy working with computers. I've only just recently bought a DAW setup because I was missing out on some work. 🤔

For the FI you can get away with never touching a computer (many users do exactly this) as it has 99 onboard sounds and all are tweakable from the pedal panel. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

For the FI you can get away with never touching a computer (many users do exactly this) as it has 99 onboard sounds and all are tweakable from the pedal panel. 

That's cool then. I thought it only had a few presets, like the Deep Impact. 

Now to find one at a decent price.

23 minutes ago, Doddy said:

That's cool then. I thought it only had a few presets, like the Deep Impact. 

Now to find one at a decent price.

They do pop up from time to time. They are cheaper new now than what I bought my used one for though. 

And so much better than the Deep Impact. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 2