Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Japan PJ-455 Precision Bass MIJ - E serial number £450
£450
Chorley, Lancs PR6

ead

Fender Japan PJ-455 Precision Bass MIJ

For sale is this Fender Japan E Series bass (made between 1984 and 1987) that, as far as I can see, is reasonably rare. The PJ-455 is a hybrid precision/jazz bass with a P-Bass neck pickup and a Jazz Bass pickup in the 70s bridge position.  The control layout is the classic volume/volume/master tone giving you a very decent tonal palette to explore.  While many of these basses from similar series during the era had black necks and headstocks, the PJ-455 took the traditional natural P-Bass style headstock.

It’s fair to say that body has ‘mojo’ being somewhat road-worn with a few dings and scrapes.  The neck is good with a lovely satin played in feel plus one small nick on the back.  Fret wear is minimal.  All the electrics work fine.  The bass is all original as far as I can see and comes with a decent gig bag.

This is a really nice-playing bass with a lot of punch.

Priced at a very resonable £450

Specs:

• 7.25” radius slab Rosewood fretboard with 20 vintage frets
  • 34” scale
  • Maple one-piece neck with very tactile satin finish
  • Basswood body – Very comfortable for long gigs weighing in at only 8.5lbs (3.8kg)
  • Slender jazz bass type neck with a 38mm nut
  • Gotoh tuners
  • Passive electronics:  Neck volume, Bridge volume, master Tone control pot

As ever I'd prefer to meet up and am happy to jump in the car and meet half way somewhere rather than risk a courier if humanly possible although I appreciate that at the moment it is likely to be the only option and will be an additional £25.

If you have any questions please ask, or indeed if you want any more pictures of any detail. 

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

Light still a bit rubbish to do justice to a black bass.  Managed to get a few decent pics of the 'board and frets for the time being though.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1