Why become a member? ×

SOLD Sei Jazz 5

lozbass

SOLD For sale - Sei Jazz 5 with amboina burl (I think) top, swamp ash body, rosewood board and (heavily flamed) maple neck.

I'm selling nearly all my long-scale basses following a move to short(er) scale

The bass is in very good condition with just a few marks and tiny impressions in the finish on the back (and a tiny mark on the edge of the headstock). Electronics are Bart 3 band (9v) and the pickups are Wizard custom wounds - the sound is very modern but versatile and slightly compressed (really high quality and hifi as you'd expect). This is an excellent example of Martin's work and the whole bass just exudes boutique quality. As far as I know, the bass is around 6 years old (age can be confirmed with Martin).

Playability is fabulous and the action is super low following a Ged Green set-up with light d'Addario nickels. The bass comes in an excllent and 'as new' Fodera hard case (teardrop shape - it has a bit of a strange smell when opened - typical of Fodera TKL cases I'm told).

Apologies for the poor photographs but these should give you some impression of quality and condition.

Selling price is £1100 firm

I'm selling a lot of basses but have little time to put into marketing etc. All basses advertised will go on consignment sale in the next week or two. I wanted to put them up on here first to let BCers have a first chance (at a reduced price). Pricing reflects what I'd expect to realise post-brokerage fee (with a reduction for fellow forumites). Collection from central Manchester or professional packaging and carriage (around £80 extra). I will send overseas but charges will be higher. I'll try to answer emails or can talk by 'phone. I'm afraid that I have very little time due to pressure of work (hence consignment sales will start rapidly unless there's quick interest here) - telephone contact is preferable to PMs but a PM to start things rolling is good. Price is firm.

Please check out other ads for: Fender Masterbuilt Jazz fretless; Fender '76 Jazz; and, Sei Jazz 4

Cheers, Lozbass

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='molan' post='439637' date='Mar 19 2009, 07:54 PM']Just like London buses,

You keep your eyes open for a 5 string Sei & two come along at once!

And both of them lovely as well :)

Is it 34" scale with 17mm string spacing?[/quote]

It's certainly 34" and I think the spacing is around 17mm - I'll measure tomorrow - cheers!