Why become a member? ×

Steinberger NS CR4M EUB NOW SOLD!

bobpalt

I took this superb bass in part exchange from loudandclear recently, and really, I meant to learn to play it. After getting over my delusions of adequacy though, I quickly realized that my hands just aint big enough for a full scale eub, and my previous dalliances with a tiny little Kydd upright have spoiled me.

This is really a wonderful instrument, and sounds, even in my talentless hands, out of this world. Its in brilliant condition, and has the dual pickup system (EMG mags and piezos, which can be set for plucking or bowing) with full 18v electrics. As well as a super sturdy tripod, it also has the optional (£200) endpin stand with brace which can be used instead, giving you more freedom on stage, and has a fitted gigbag with storage for the stand/bow etc.

I cant fault the bass, similar models to which I have seen selling in the past for well over the grand mark, but as it was valued in the part exchange at £900, for a really quick sale thats what I am selling for. I thought it was a bargain when I did the deal, and nothing has happenned to change my mind. I just cant do it justice, thats all!

[attachment=22274:steinberger.jpg]
[attachment=22275:steinberger2.jpg]
[attachment=22276:steinberger3.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='438645' date='Mar 18 2009, 08:39 PM']AS a complete EUB novice can you (or a previous owner of this bass) let me know what the action is like and what state the strings are in (age, condition etc)?

Cheers.[/quote]

Hi.

The strings look as good as new (I understand that the bass has been very lightly used), and the action, which is easily adjusted by screws under the bridge, is actually low for an eub. Most full size eubs I have dabbled with seem to have had higher actions. The strings are expensive D'addario Helicore Hybrids.

Cheers,
Bob

[quote name='bobpalt' post='438633' date='Mar 18 2009, 08:28 PM']...After getting over my delusions of adequacy though, I quickly realized that my hands just aint big enough for a full scale eub, and my previous dalliances with a tiny little Kydd upright have spoiled me.[/quote]
I've got small hands and play DB. It takes a little time but eventually your hands "stretch" to accommodate the positions. If you're thinking of sticking with an EUB, I'd give it a little more time. I find it hard to believe a Kydd bass would give you what this lovely bass would. Just my 2p.

There must be something in the air today! The NS has been on here a couple of weeks with only a couple of nibbles, then this morning, within the space of an hour, 3 Basschatters contacted me to say they would have it for the advertized price!

Sorry to any of you guys who are disappointed, but I will have to let it go to the first buyer, unless of course the deal doesnt go through, in which case I hope you wont mind if I get back to you in order? I have never been in this situation before.............

Cheers,
Bob