Why become a member? ×

Status Streamline With Full LEDs - NOW SOLD

Macko1968

** Sold to OuttoPlayJazz who I had the pleasure of meeting tonight, a true gentleman.

Only one bass would get me to part with this & that's a transition era Stingray & courtesy of Lysdexia, I now have one. So my very new & shiny Status Streamline has to go or it will be my testicles instead.

I bought ths bass with some invaluable assistance from Out To Play Jazz. Rich spent some time answering a multitude of questions about his experiences with his own Streamline & his judgement on these basses was spot on. Specs are pretty much what you would expect from Status;

1 piece molded graphite neck & body
2 x Status Hyperactive soapbars
18 volt, 2 band eq
Mono rail bridge
34 inch scale with 24 frets
Front & side white LEDs

I've owned a plethora of Status basses over the years; S2, 2000, 3000, Stealth, Energy & Kingbass x 2. I can confidently say that the Streamline is the best sounding of the lot, it is incredibly deep & rich - even moreso than my Stealth which seems to defy the laws of physics. The looks are an aquired taste but, once you play one, it all starts to make sense. It balances perfectly & sits just right on a strap, the uber-compact dimensions make it very, very comfortable to play for hour on end & it's easy to forget you have a bass round your neck.

The bass is 100% mint condition, not a mark anywhere & comes with the Status gig-bag, tools, string adaptors & warranty card (which I haven't sent off yet!), I'm also pretty sure I have the invoice for it too.

A new Streamline with full LEDs will cost you £2025 & current delivery time is 8 - 12 weeks. I'm looking for £1500 for mine, a huge saving on an essentially new bass. Local trial is more than welcome (just south of Middlesbrough) & I am happy to ship pretty much anywhere at cost. Just PM me with any Qs or for more piccies.

I appreciate that this bass is a real marmite job but if I get no takers I will look to keep it by any means, fair or foul. It is a killer & only the end of an 18 month search for a transition 'ray has made me even consider selling.

Edited by Macko1968

That's really lovely... if it had a head and bit more graphite on the body I would be hard pressed not to buy,

I can hear Rich (OutToPlayJazz) telling me you will love this buy buy buy.

Edited by Smash

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='438688' date='Mar 18 2009, 09:26 PM']Nah, I wanna trade with him, then you can buy my Streamline, LOL! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Rich,

Thought we'd agreed I had first dibs on this......give me warning, I need to sell at least 2 basses to buy it. One of them's a Musicman so that'd be 3 months to sell........ :)

Lovely!

I was a Streamline Sceptic until I actually played one - they really do the biz! In fact, I've had a guy call me wanting lessons - he's never owned a bass and asked me to recommend a maker; I mentioned that Status are of course one of the best makers in the world - he rings me today to say he's ordered a Streamline!