bubinga5

Lost bass. Ostinato Jazz bass.

I bought a jazz bass many years ago from the bass gallery. Sold it back 2011 I think. Would love to know who has it etc. Its an Ostinato Jazz bass. Aguilar obp2 preamp and EMG pickups if I remember. 

12 minutes ago, ryancowell25 said:

Birdseye maple neck, Rose wood board. Bit of a mystery where it came from originally but a great example of a super jazz.

That’s not a difficult thing to work out!

the name is a registered trademark...

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00002427731

the owner of that trade Mark is easily searched and pops up with a fella who builds basses still under a different marque

https://www.anacondabasses.co.uk/about-anaconda-basses

• Like 1

Well I contacted Andrew Taylor-Cummins from Anaconda Basses who had this to say -

"Thank you for getting in touch and for reminding me of this Bass.  I’m very excited to see it, as I sometimes wondered what had happened to the handful of Ostinato Basses, that were built prior to Anaconda Basses.
It is indeed a very early Anaconda Bass, before I decided to go full-time building Basses.  Ostinato Basses were effectively the fore-runner of Anaconda Basses.

It would probably have been built around 2010-2011.
I’m pretty sure the body is Idigbo, The Top is definitely Lacewood.
My recollection is that they were Killer Basses.  Then again, i am biased"

Ah brill.!! Brings back memories. Ive got a vid of me playing it at a festival in Cheltenham back then. It must have been brand new ish as i bought it from the gallery in 2010. It was an awsome bass. Ill post a vid if i can find it.

• Like 1

I was a stand in for a bassist that let them down so excuse the music and playing.Im a little proud of my fill at 1.30 mind. 😆... It had a really fat tone as I remember. I must be getting my years wrong. This vid was published in 2009, so the bass was possibly purchased before 2010. 🤔

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 1