Why become a member? ×

Fender MIM Sunburst Jazz 4 String

Jarhead

What it says on the tin really. 4 string fretted MIM Jazz, 3 colour sunburst, white 'guard, rosewood board, original electronics, all that kind of stuff, but with graphite nut, rather then the usual bone/synthetic one that you usually get. This is because the bone nut actually broke into two pieces, one pinging away mid-set. Luckily, I managed to borrow another bass, and I got the graphite nut as soon as I could. Action is reasonable, not too low, not too high, so you can dig in with a pick or fingers and have no rattle, but still be able to get up the dust end easily. Has Dunlop Dual Design straplocks currently attached to the body, which are the kind that will take a normal strap as well, but the bridge end had to be toothpick and glued in to hold it steady as it kept coming unscrewed. IF you want pics, just ask on here and they will be up as soon as I can get hold of a camera. What do we think to £250 O.N.O? Just say if you think its too high.

Zach

Edited by Jarhead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wops, forgot about this, I'll post proper pics tonight, but for now I'll put up pics from gigs. I've taken all the stickers off now, and it looks pretty much new. Forgot to mention in the first post, this has been through the wars a bit, seen quite a few gigs, and as such is somewhat beaten looking, and somewhere along the line it lost the knob (fnar) for the neck pickup, and I haven't been able to replace it yet. Very simple fix, I just haven't had the time or the right allen key to replace it. Would prefer a cheque or perhaps collection in person, cash in hand maybe, but I can post easily as I have the hardcase. I'm dropping the price to £220.

You can just about make out one of the chips in the finish in that last pic, right on the bottom edge of the bass, near the control plate.

Zach

yeah, i thought you loved that bass? i'm guessing you're getting a new one, whatcha getting?

oh, and has KOD broken up mate? either that or the link in your sig doesn't work, it says invalid ID or account deleted. shame if you have broken up, i liked KOD.

Edited by LWTAIT

I'm selling because I just got a new bass, my Schecter, which is really nice and in my opinion beats the Fender, and I need the cash for various other things. K.O.D hasn't broken up, I probably b@llsed up the link lol. I'll sort it in a moment.

Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='472053' date='Apr 25 2009, 09:19 AM']I'm selling because I just got a new bass, my Schecter, which is really nice and in my opinion beats the Fender, and I need the cash for various other things. K.O.D hasn't broken up, I probably b@llsed up the link lol. I'll sort it in a moment.

Zach[/quote]
Nice one, no pics no bass though!

[quote name='Jarhead' post='472361' date='Apr 25 2009, 07:07 PM']Haha, I think my brothers taken the camera on tour with him, so it will have to be next week for pics. Also, fixed the band link in my sig.

Zach[/quote]
what schecter is it? hotlink us to some generic web pic for now, i wanna see :)

[quote name='budget bassist' post='472368' date='Apr 25 2009, 08:29 PM']what schecter is it? hotlink us to some generic web pic for now, i wanna see :)[/quote]
Haha, alright then, but you can't buy it off me (well, for the right offer :rolleyes:)

Zach

[quote name='budget bassist' post='472493' date='Apr 26 2009, 01:12 AM']sweet, that looks pretty nice, nice one :)[/quote]
Yeah, loving it right now, great tone, really hot output as well lol. Needs new strings soon though. ORganize another bash and I can bring it with my amp as well :rolleyes:

Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='472952' date='Apr 26 2009, 09:23 PM']Yeah, loving it right now, great tone, really hot output as well lol. Needs new strings soon though. ORganize another bash and I can bring it with my amp as well :)

Zach[/quote]
Haha, someone else's turn next time i think :rolleyes: Looking forward to having a go though :D Just give me some time to buy myself something else new, haha!

Edited by budget bassist

Haha, don't look at me :) Yeah, it plays great (for me anyway, I set the action fairly high so I can really dig in). I'll see if I can drag my amp and pedals with me next time, couldn't last time because my mum couldn't take me, and she had the bigger car at the time, hence using a gu1t@r gigbag for my Fender.

Zach