Why become a member? ×

Hello

JimD

Hi there

Joined recently. Based in Oxon, and have been playing bass and guitar for 21 years. Currently own a Westone Superheadless, a Hohner B2A and a few other goodies. Super-fan of guitars in general and lust after different models daily.

Bassists I like include Mike Watt, Sting, Darryl Jennifer, Mark King, Tony Levin, Pete Way, Justin Chancellor, Colin Moulding, Flea, Geddy Lee, and loads loads more.

Current favourite bands are Porcupine Tree, Hard-Fi, Frost*, Opeth. I listen to the radio (MW/FM and SW) a great deal.

I mostly play unplugged, at home, with a pick, though I like to slap too. I have a behringer amp modeller pedal for recording and headphone jamming.

Jim D

[quote name='JimD' post='46627' date='Aug 16 2007, 09:34 PM']Hi there

Joined recently. Based in Oxon, and have been playing bass and guitar for 21 years. Currently own a Westone Superheadless, a Hohner B2A and a few other goodies. Super-fan of guitars in general and lust after different models daily.[/quote]

Hi Jim, welcome. One of my first bouts of GAS was for a Westone Super Headless many, many years ago. Has it got the dark birdseye maple finish or light? There was a refinished purple one on Ebay a couple of years ago too.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='46717' date='Aug 17 2007, 07:04 AM']Hi Jim, welcome. One of my first bouts of GAS was for a Westone Super Headless many, many years ago. Has it got the dark birdseye maple finish or light? There was a refinished purple one on Ebay a couple of years ago too.[/quote]

Hi CK,

It has got a red see through body and a black neck. The black neck finish goes all the way to the bridge/tuners in a faintly Status-ish way. It's a jazz style with two j-type pickups - I think the dark finished ones had westone's single unit P-type pickups in them. I'll see if I can post a picture.