Why become a member? ×

COMPLETED PLEASE REMOVE! Warmoth Fretless Jazz

lemmywinks

[quote name='Beedster' post='635312' date='Oct 24 2009, 02:32 PM']How can this not have sold yet?

Dude, as it's beeb around a while would you split? I'd be very interested in the neck & tuners?

Chris[/quote]

[quote name='Delberthot' post='635321' date='Oct 24 2009, 02:52 PM']I could be interested in the body & gubbins if the price is right[/quote]

Cool, perhaps we could all sort something here. LW?

Yeah i know, it's taking it's sweet time to sell!

I had some brilliant basses offered as trade too. The Fortress Silddx used to own and the Tele Precision (your old one Delberthot) are the two i really regret not accepting.

I could split it, depending on prices, i don't want to sell everything seperately and end up losing out on it so hit me up with offers. Here's the new prices from the Warmoth site:

Body $275 / £167
Neck $460 / £278
Tuners $70 / £65

Pickups are £125, dunno what these would be worth second hand
Bridge i'm guessing is worth around around £30?
The tuners work out cheaper from the Warmoth site, they're closer to £80 over here. I think they fetch £35 - £40 second hand?

I reckon that despite the missing catch the case is worth £25? It's in really good nick despite the catch

Here's what i'd say:
Neck and Tuners - £175
Body, bridge and pickups - £195

Also i assume the neckplate and screws would stay with the body? The neck is standard Fender dimensions

[quote name='Beedster' post='635737' date='Oct 24 2009, 10:31 PM']Hello mate, I'll gladly pay you the asking price for the neck & tuners. Can you PM me payment details?
Chris[/quote]

Ummm, with apologies I've jjust realised that, onnce again, the lined fretless neck that I think will do the job I need it for has the dots in the wrong place (i.e., between the fretlines) so I'll have to opt out of this, which is a shame as I'm sure it's a great neck.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add that Beedster is still looking at the neck so if anyone wants the body the prices are:

Neck and Tuners - £170
Body, Bridge and Pickups - £170
Case - £20

I've decided to just price the neck and body equally and faction in £20 for the case which i think i can sell locally.

Really someone should buy the whole thing for £360 though, cos it's well cheap like...... :)

EDIT: Just to add that i'm only gonna split if i can sell both the parts as i don't wanna be left with something i'm going to take a big hit on

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='648095' date='Nov 7 2009, 02:22 PM']Just to add that Beedster is still looking at the neck so if anyone wants the body the prices are:

Neck and Tuners - £170
Body, Bridge and Pickups - £170
Case - £20

I've decided to just price the neck and body equally and faction in £20 for the case which i think i can sell locally.

Really someone should buy the whole thing for £360 though, cos it's well cheap like...... :)

EDIT: Just to add that i'm only gonna split if i can sell both the parts as i don't wanna be left with something i'm going to take a big hit on[/quote]

Much as I really want this neck I've had to opt for another due to the imminence of the project for which I need a lined fretless. I can't believe no-one has gone for this bass, Warmoth quality is quite literally second to none, it makes even the best Fender woodwork feel quite agricultural in comparison (and lest that comparison be lost on you, my old rowing coach once described my technique in those terms - and wasn't flattering me by doing so - and it's always stuck in my mind as a great descriptor), and the wooden parts alone would cost way more than the asking price!

Chris

As if this hasn't sold? It's a real nice looking piece of kit, and half tempted to pop round.. just spent up for now on a new cabinet, so that ain't gonna happen! Really fancy a jazz for some fun at the moment!
Any gigs coming up mate? I'll get along to some sometime! Only round the corner :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I wanna buy your bass if you could arrange the shipping to Helsingborg, Sweden zip code 25454 Helsingborg.
Could you give me a better price for the bass shipping included?
I'm on vacation in Vietnam at the moment and will be back in sweden thursday the 17th
I can pay you through Pay Pal directly if it's ok for you
Please give me an email at [email protected] or give me a call at +46 708 420630
Best regards,
Peter Sundberg

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='436780' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:46 AM']I have for sale my Warmoth Fretless Jazz.

It's a lined fretless, Walnut body with Pau Ferro neck and fingerboard. It has Seymour Duncan Lightning Rods in and Gotoh and Schaller hardware (in black :) ). Pretty much mint condition, bought this purely on looks as i think it's a gorgeous example of a Jazz. I use my other unlined fretless now so this isn't getting played which is a shame.
It has a darker sound to most Jazzes and trades a bit of top end for more thud. I have only gigged it once (don't get much call for fretless in my party band) and it got lots of complements.

Weighty beast though so those with bad backs are probably best avoiding it. Has a set of Elixirs i took off another bass with plenty of life left in them. Comes in a Gator case with one catch missing

I think £360 is a good price for this, hit me up swaps but i'm running out of bass space so i'd probably prefer a sale
Ta

Steve[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...