Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Marcus Miller Signature Jazz Bass

AM1

Hi

After much deliberation, I have decided reluctantly to sell my jazz bass.

I have considered this for the last 4 weeks, having tried several different tonal configurations with the jazz, but after finally trying a Precision at last night's rehearsal, there is no doubt that the Precision tone is better suited to my current band's sound. So, I must stress that the only reason I am selling this bass is because I want to switch to a Precision. I am reluctant to part with the Jazz but can't justify keeping a bass that won't be used much.

The bass is the Fender Marcus Miller signature Jazz bass. It is absolutely beautiful, in pristine condition, a joy to play and sounds fantastic.

The bass has had a professional setup done at The Gallery last week and new strings which are DR Hi-Beams 40-100. It sounds ultra zingy and has a beautiful low action, lovely to play.

£550 or nearest offer. The bass can be collected in London or shipped.

EDIT - now accepting trades, preferably Precisions though! Preferably Precisions with hot pickups for that growling P sound, I don't care how many dings are in them or how f_ucked they look, players bass is what I'm after, playing, not polishing, come on, bring them on!!!!

Regards

AM

Edited by AM1

I played this bass last night. Its top drawer, honestly. If slap or finger funk style is your thing, then you won't go far wrong. Sounded great through a Trace Elliot 8x10 and it's the best sounding slap bass sound I've heard in a hell of a long time.

Edited by WHUFC BASS

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='436275' date='Mar 16 2009, 04:45 PM']I'm aware that not everyone will agree but I think this is the best Fender out there.

Peter[/quote]

MB1. :)
+1
Best signature Fender do! ....

[quote name='Golchen' post='435907' date='Mar 16 2009, 11:22 AM']I played one of these at the weekend and it felt fantastic. I'd be very interested but for the fact I can only play 5 stringers.[/quote]
Yeah, it's a shame the Marcus Miller 5 stringers are so expensive. They should really do a jap fiver as well as the american one.

[quote name='AM1' post='435788' date='Mar 16 2009, 09:07 AM']...... there is no doubt that the Precision tone is better suited to my current band's sound.[/quote]

I'm a totally ignorant peasant when it comes to all things bass - what does the precision do that the jazz doesn't? Are Jazz's not more versatile?

[quote name='Golchen' post='436658' date='Mar 16 2009, 09:18 PM']I'm a totally ignorant peasant when it comes to all things bass - what does the precision do that the jazz doesn't? Are Jazz's not more versatile?[/quote]

Greetings, a fellow ignorante here :-) I use my ears and that's good enough for me!

The Jazz bass is indeed a very versatile instrument...but the proof, as they say is in the pudding and a side by side comparison of jazz and precision with the band in the studio left no ambiguity - it is fast, loud punk raaawwwwkkkk with 2 guitards, the precision cut through and the tone was great. I've tried different pickup configs with the jazz, active mode, tone alterations etc and it could hardly cut through. The jazz is still a great bass, I just prefer the precision sound for this band.

In fact, as we speak I am noodling on the Frankenstein P bass and there are some filthy funky sounds lurking in this thing!

This whole thing is so ironic as I was having the same dilemma between jazz and precision a mere 3 months ago and went for the jazz for it's versatility. Now, I started playing precisions again a while ago and have fallen in love with precision sound again. Hey ho!

Cheers
AM

A quick addition - I now have several offers on the MM Jazz but in the spirit of saving me from two transactions, I will now accept trades as well.

Preferably Precisions though! In fact, preferably Precisions with hot pickups for that growling P sound, I couldn't give a rat's ass how many dings are in them or how f_ucked they look, players bass, not an ornament, is what I'm after, playing, not polishing, come on, bring them on!!!!

Edited by AM1

Bass now sold pending payment.

Thanks to all for the interest/trade offers, sorry I couldn't reply to them all.

Cheers
AM

PS I'm still looking for a sweet P-Bass!

Edited by AM1